slodat's 510 v2.0

slodat

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slo, are you using a mechanical oil pressure gauge? If so, what kind of fitting does it use?

It's an electric, half sweep gauge. The sending unit is 1/8 NPT. The distribution block/manifold I bought has seven 1/8 NPT ports. It is fed by a -4 hose to a -4 -> 1/8NPT fitting. The only thing that is 1/8 BSP is the block hole. That's why I went this route, it gets the correct fitting in the block and all of the distribution I need in the standard 1/8 NPT. The block cost me about $40 locally.

It's dark right now. I'll snap a few photos tomorrow.

I do not recommend running mechanical gauges. Yes, they are less expensive. But when they fail it is an electrical failure. Electric gauges are the way to go. When I have a lot more done to the car, I will switch to full sweep electric gauges.

I was told to use atf in those su's I had?
atf will lean out yuor carb's

I've been told it depends on your location; the temperature and altitude can affect things. Folks have reported success using ATF, 30W, motorcycle fork oil, and Marvel Mystery oil among others.

Bruce (Zero Rust and Ztherapy dude in Salem, OR w/ 510 wagon aka the Fridge) changes his SU damper oil for Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer.

Edited by ppeters914
Did that come from Oil Filter Service Co?

The hose and fittings came from Oil Filter Service Co in Portland. About $35.

i like that distribution block! Too bad I already switched to mechanical pressure gauges. Who makes that?

It's is marketed as a vacuum manifold. No reason I can't use it for pressure. It's Vibrant Performance p/n 2691. About $40. Very trick piece.

Edited by slodat
added link
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm laid up sick in my hotel today.. Can't really do much, so I'm shopping on line for my 510. I have a few goodies on their way:

• Hobbs switch for my low oil pressure warning light.
  • NOS ignition switch.
  • NOS headlight switch.
  • Innovate LC-1 & XD-16 wideband o2 setup.
  • New kick panels.

I think seats are next...

[*]Innovate LC-1 & XD-16 wideband o2 setup.

If you're laid up, download logworks and start getting familiar with it (if you're not already).

You can use it to make user-defined charts that can calculate new fuel map (injector opening times for me) based on a target AFR map and current AFR & fuel map.

Edited by hughdogz

I bought a new MOMO steering wheel for the 510 the day before I left for work. I have been on the prowl for a vintage MOMO adapter and horn button for months to go with the wheel I planned on and did purchase. Tonight, I bought a horn button on ebay!

6328_1.JPG

• 1 month later...

Well.. The L motor is gone! I have a KA24DE engine to start the engine swap with. I have a single cam KA transmission, so I have enough to get started mounting up the engine and sorting out the swap. I'm still looking for a complete KA24DE for the 510. But, that is the direction the car is going..

• 5 months later...