Ricer Sightings

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The car's body is a temple. If you can't do your homework and pick a wheel and tire combo that fits without glue or screw on flairs it's a fail. Here's a simple formula... if the tire/rim doesn't fit... it doesn't belong.

Motor over the drive wheels has superior traction and is a win. Check out a VW Bug in snow and ice sometime.

FWD can have torque steer accelerating with good traction and difficult steering control accelerating with poor traction and feels like understeer. On ice and snow it doesn't go where the wheels are pointed until you let off. RWD feels like oversteer. Of the two, FWD scares me the most and is second only to hitting the brakes and nothing happens...but maybe I'm more familiar with RWD. Hands down RWD is more fun to drive and I can't see any FWD owner disputing this strictly on FWD/RWD.

• Like 1

The car's body is a temple. If you can't do your homework and pick a wheel and tire combo that fits without glue or screw on flairs it's a fail. Here's a simple formula... if the tire/rim doesn't fit... it doesn't belong.

But what if you want to fit wider tires than can be stuffed under a stock fender? Should you just buy a different car?   :rofl:

The vehicle body should never be compromized. Holes and modifications avoided if at all possible or failing that, be reversable.

Hey this is me and I feel strongle about this. Only an opinion.

Most wheels and tires will fit if you do your homework. Don't buy your 'dream' wheels and then make the car fit them. Find out what backspacing and tires are available first and what will fit... then go shopping. Rims are not 80% of the 'look' of a car. The car is first and the rims should compliment IT and not be a display holder for your idea of tasteful rims. Most people have really shitty taste so err on the side of caution and get something that is understated. People should see the vehicle and enjoy the sight of it, only later noticing the rims and tires and saying' Ooooh that's nice, that really works'. Ellegant... not gauche.  

You do this you will never be a ricer.

• Like 1

Ricers don't usually have fender flares, they have body kits, and shitty ones at that. A tatseful set of fender flares and an appropriate set of wheels and tires can look good.

I think mike us just turning into an old man and getting the "but that's not stock so its bad" attitude :lol:

I don't see the big deal with flares, they work good on 4x4's!  :rofl:

Everyone has an opinion, mine, I prefer getting complements on my truck first, then the look of WTF from the Enkie 32's with 265's on the rear! Hell there are 235's on the front, the Mule seems to stick to the pavement ok I guess...I have done 50 on the 38th st loop from I-5 and didn't even squeak the tires.  

My tires stick out past the fenders about an 1.5" and the lip of the rim sits inside the sidewalls by a .5" no curb rash rims!  :fu: One day I will grab a bat and roll them out a touch, but I didn't like the flares I tried out awhile back.

Ricers don't usually have fender flares, they have body kits, and shitty ones at that. A tatseful set of fender flares and an appropriate set of wheels and tires can look good.

I think mike us just turning into an old man and getting the "but that's not stock so its bad" attitude :lol:

I understand it isn't always possible to do things without flairs and cutting, just that it should be avoided if at all possible and gets more marks from me. Please,................ don't get me started on box flairs...

Thats pretty Turrible. Purple wheels, fart can, fake wing. I cant see the front, but its a near guarantee that he has something ungodly.

Thank god that is not a real CTR wing, a real one has to be destroyed to put it on that car. Ricers do thatshitall the time too because "its hella JDM yo!!"

In Japan, the real CTR has a notch in the glass that allows the wing to go through, to put it on a usdm car, you have to cut that part off the wing, making it unmountable on a real CTR.

Nobody ever gets the JDM glass, because of course its expensive as hell (file that under "gotta pay to play")

Rice-tastic, its more annoying than people putting real DC2R front lips on GSRs.

Well, to be totally honest, they make some decent exhausts, But some of them for Civics sound ricey as hell and not good at all. My buddy with a 2000 Si has a Greddy cat back, and it sounds like shit in my opinion.

I dont really like a lot of can type exhausts like that on most civics. It really depends on how it looks, fits and sounds.

I feel like these are the best ricer sightings

021-1_zps6783ee8b.jpg

my first car

481388_377375982319284_1042713481_n_zps2

:lol:

Damn preludes .... why have I always liked theee ? ......

I'd drive either as that silver is a good color on thy hatchback ( I like those to )

Final verdict is ..... neither fits ricer sightings  ! (except maybe the fartcan :lol: ;) )

tumblr_m9wdvgiN281rrk7c1o1_400.gif

case closed ... :D

Damn preludes .... why have I always liked theee ? ......

I'd drive either as that silver is a good color on thy hatchback ( I like those to )

Final verdict is ..... neither fits ricer sightings  ! (except maybe the fartcan :lol: ;) )

tumblr_m9wdvgiN281rrk7c1o1_400.gif

case closed ... :D

:rofl: :rofl:

edit:i know its the wrong you're

• Like 1

:rofl: :rofl:

edit:i know its the wrong you're

:lol: ^^

jerry-springer-o.gif

that misspell is funnier then the actual intended punchline...im more of a judge million from the peoples court kinda guy

alg_judge-757522.jpg

1157807094_2481.jpg

(except maybe the fartcan :lol: ;) )

For some reason that muffler actual sounded really deep. I don't know what anything about it because I bought the car that way

distancing yourself from the old car ? :lol: