DATSUN HOTWHEELS (and some other ones)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought some of you would like to see this Hot Wheels 510 built by a Japanese customizer.

Look familiar?

(BTW, I am in no way affiliated to this creation, just wanted to share)

IMG_0.jpg

say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?! :blink:

• Like 1

Those rims are sick on the street fighter! Good luck to anyone still looking for the BRE's in stores thats not gonna happen. They already have a diffrent series in stores, I am curious how many of the BRE's were actually made??Jun??

This is true...

I was bummed because every store I visited only had the first set of the vintage racing. Like in December when they were on clearance everywhere, they were the same models as what was first released.

Those rims are sick on the street fighter! Good luck to anyone still looking for the BRE's in stores thats not gonna happen. They already have a diffrent series in stores, I am curious how many of the BRE's were actually made??Jun??

The wheels look custom made. It looks like he took the hub of the HW mesh wheel and cut the rim and tire off, and made his own barrel and tire. That part alone is time consuming, I've done it before.

I know the builder of that custom, I see him often when I visit Japan. He's from Osaka and is quite the Datsun fan himself. I can ask him for more details on the Street Fighter!

Regarding production #'s, I don't have any...being that they are from the collector line, you can bet #'s are limited, especially compared to our "basic" HW product line of 510's and other cars. It seems like people have been snatching those BRE 510's up so get them while you can...when they're gone, they're gone ;)

I had read somewhere that our BRE 510 isn't exactly correct- deco/licensing isn't correct for the year, where are the 4-spokes, a certain sponsor is missing from the rear quarter, etc etc. Just know that sometimes we have to work with what we have and can get- so I hope you guys are happy to see our efforts in bringing you these historical race cars in our scale. For what it's worth we go through great lengths to make sure our licensors are happy with our product and get their stamp of approval on these cars.

Anyhow, enjoy guys, and thanks for all the enthusiasm! :)

• Like 1

the street fighter is sick!

That part alone is time consuming, I've done it before.

I hope you guys are happy to see our efforts in bringing you these historical race cars in our scale.

:D :D :D

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

when's a wagon going to debut??? :hyper: