why are craigslist sellers retarded?

I search Craigslist a lot just looking for random things. I generally stick to the barter, auto parts, and motorcycles sections. Why the fuck do people think that their piece of shit 1984 Honda XR200 is worth $3000 when it doesn't run, needs plastics, and isn't assembled? Some ass hat has been trying to sell a 1600 roadster, non running, pos for $9k, another guy is selling a rusted out incomplete 70 240z for $5000 because "that is what NADA said it is worth". It pisses me off that people think their shit is worth its weight in gold when its not even worth the price of scrap. I listed my z for trade on there for a SMALL 4x4 and I keep getting emails about full-size blazers that "runs great, just needs head gasket" and similar junk I wouldn't even buy. I've almost given up hope on the site. /rant.

One good thing, I picked up a front and rear set of 71 z bumpers freshly chromed for $100 :D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into one guy that had a truck for sale with rust holes all over, non-running and rust was about the only thing that was holding it together and because it was "vintage collectable" they were asking $6,000. I was afraid to stand too close as I was afraid of getting tentinitus. Some people seem to have an over inflated sense of what things are worth.

I ran into one guy that had a truck for sale with rust holes all over, non-running and rust was about the only thing that was holding it together and because it was "vintage collectable" they were asking $6,000. I was afraid to stand too close as I was afraid of getting tentinitus. Some people seem to have an over inflated sense of what things are worth.

sit there long enough, they'll end up giving it away because they couldnt sell it.

What I always see is the price getting lower and lower, and then one day after it's still too high, the ad disappears and then I see it in the row at Pull and Save. Fucking morons.

I was in the pull-a-part when a hulk hauler brought in some 80s stuff, had a Toyota pickup and a Taurus on the hook. PaP gave the guy $1000 cash for the both. The hulk haulers are paying up to $300 or so to haul, and I've seen drive-ins to the lot get $600 or $700. So you're competing with that.

For some folks, it's not worth dealing with 10 tire kickers wanting to make PAYMENTS over a $500 beater when the hulk hauler will give you $300 cash on the spot.

Why do you think I gave up for the post part on selling what I have? I had a RUNNING F250 I could have driven to PaP for $400... and the only interest I got was people wanting parts for $100 (and leave me with a unrollable hulk? Not) or hulk haulers offering $250. I finally gave the damn thing away to someone who at least said he could use it. Course now I get folks saying "crap, I'd have paid for it...." Yeah, right.

Yea,craigslist is pretty much all flakes.I found a guy trying to sell some datsun z stuff a while back.After 3 or 4 attempts to contact him he finally calls back.He has the things i want,i offer to pay what he wants for these things,but the guy just cant find time to meet.He lives 3 miles from me.WTF ? if you dont really want to sell things dont advertise them as for sale.And if you do want to sell things try putting a phone number in your ad.

i actually had a good sale last night.

got a email, sent a response asking for digits if not spam, got digits. stated delivery fee, delivered, asking cash was in his hand when i showed up no bickering.

amazing, like a unicorn of craigslist experiences.

I've never had a bad experience selling or buying, hell I got my z for $450, the guy was asking $1000. I hate getting endless emails and excuses. I don't carry a gun, but I make sure to meet in public and that I'm not alone. If I go to them, I always have a knife in my pocket and a pipe wrench in my trunk, and I don't do high dollar sales or buys at peoples houses. I did sell my guitar amp and guitar for $2500 and the guy came into my house to check it out, he seemed a little sketchy but he gave me $1000 cash to hold it over night and gave me an extra $100 for holding it for him, so there are good people that you run across. It's the idiots that ruin it

I have been looking to buy a tandem bike and to put a china bike engine on there. How does a thirty dollar walmart bike with a 120 dollar engine end up being worth 500 bucks?! I found one bike brand new was 300 the engine was well under 200. Selling used with engine problems for 1000 WTF?! It's like he was cheating a hundred dollars an hour for his time lol

I bought my last 620 through a CL ad. The guy put it on there last October,and only one kid showed up to 'drive it home'-about 1000 miles,and decided not try it. I kept the guy's email,and bought it in March for not quite half of the original price. Great deal and a great guy too.

Then sold the bed toolbox for $50 on CL. :)

But yeah,some are just stupid.

I pack when i meet up with people. I've been to some places in olympia/tacoma area where when i saw and talked to the mother fuckers, all i could think about was The hills have eyes, or texas chainsaw massacre..

But then again, dont start nuffin, wont be nuffin...

i once was trying to get a text book from a guy across town from me, i told him i was on my way, even offered him alittle more so hed hold it for me. when i got there he told me he just sold it. i asked him for gas money and called him a douche.

I was in the pull-a-part when a hulk hauler brought in some 80s stuff, had a Toyota pickup and a Taurus on the hook. PaP gave the guy $1000 cash for the both. The hulk haulers are paying up to $300 or so to haul, and I've seen drive-ins to the lot get $600 or $700. So you're competing with that.

For some folks, it's not worth dealing with 10 tire kickers wanting to make PAYMENTS over a $500 beater when the hulk hauler will give you $300 cash on the spot.

Why do you think I gave up for the post part on selling what I have? I had a RUNNING F250 I could have driven to PaP for $400... and the only interest I got was people wanting parts for $100 (and leave me with a unrollable hulk? Not) or hulk haulers offering $250. I finally gave the damn thing away to someone who at least said he could use it. Course now I get folks saying "crap, I'd have paid for it...." Yeah, right.

actually still using that truck, starts up ever time.

i've actually had pretty good experience lately from craigslist. i'm sure it'll probly change now that i've said something.