what do you think about this exhaust set up?

20 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think about this exhaust set up?

• Hell ya I want 1!
    • I dunno, I need more info?????
    • no way jose!!!!

I saw this in a shop a week or two ago and i showed it to my brother and he wants it BAD!!! When the guy started up the car it sounded good and had even sound and exhaust gases coming our of both tips. I like it, ive always like the look of dual exhaust. It seems to balance out the car.

385030c6.jpg

78b47369.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, ive always like the look of dual exhaust. It seems to balance out the car.

I agree on the looks and symmetry. Not everyone does though. Not really dual exhaust, but dual outlets for sure.My son has a Monte Carlo and the pipe goes back behind the muffler and splits for two tail pipes. More for looks than functionality. I was like...:no:

+1 for looks and balance (from outside and with the car on the ground) I'm a symmetry nut and dig the dual pipes out the back! -1 for the ugly mud weld on the Y-pipe! That shit looks nasty :P Most Dimes even with engine swaps don't need a dual exhaust but I like the balanced look.

AHHHHHH the single tips!!!!! wow thats a difference, i agree. The dime its on is not mine and i have a reference to do exhaust already so im just happy to see how its done and know that its possible thumbup.gif Im glad u had that pic izzo!!!!!!

personally, where my mind set is. dual exhuast should only be in stalled if you have two manifolds. or turbos. i work with big diesel engines alot and i have to run 2-1 , 6 or 8 inch exhuast with massive mufflers. so little engines with only one manifold should only deserve one set of pipes.... but it looks cool.

personally, where my mind set is. dual exhuast should only be in stalled if you have two manifolds. or turbos. i work with big diesel engines alot and i have to run 2-1 , 6 or 8 inch exhuast with massive mufflers. so little engines with only one manifold should only deserve one set of pipes.... but it looks cool.

I feel the same way. Spades did a dual exhaust with his napsz. I'd still rather keep it simple with the 510 and run one.

Well the L16/18 exhaust manifold has two pipes so it's not a stretch to run two pipes side by side back and out. You do NOT want the pipes to be more than 1 1/2" diameter (there are two of them after all and to keep the exhaust speed up) so the mufflers could be smaller to fit the space. Small quiet mufflers should have a nice stereo exhaust sound.

Looks and functional, although I doubt it will have any beneficial gains.

itl come down to personal preference, if ya like it, go for it.

personally, I prefer single exhaust unless its a V6/V8

:thumbup: Yup. there are some exceptions for me, like the S2000 or Mazdaspeed 6, cars like that were the car is designed around it. But on a dime I'd hope it has a v6/v8 in it. 4 banger only needs a single exhaust. The dual tipped one a couple posts up is nice.

• 2 months later...

Have to go with the single exhaust. Dual exhaust, to me, means V6 or V8 with separate systems (maybe a H or X pipe connection). Seems like a waste of effort and expense for no gain (HP). Looks are subjective of course so go with what works for you for sure!

love the dual outlets. This is typical american V8 style (single exhaust with dual outlets). True dual exhaust is common now, but during the 60s and 70s it was mostly single exhaust on V8s. And maybe twin exhaust on straight six european cars :-)

Not a fan of the "Forza" tips:

th_78b47369.jpg

YES! DO WANT

th_IMG_20101214_155440.jpg
(Clatsop Style)