Icehouse

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*FACEPALM*

Why do people keep Rattle Canning their CARS !

I'm just going to put this out there once and for all......it looks like poo....Its EXTREMELY HARD TO REMOVE, cloggs up sand paper, turns to goo with chemical.  And if you EVER want to give your car a REAL paint job with REAL automotive paint its ALLLL gotta come off because automotive reducer lifts it off like aircraft remover.  

I'm telling you people PUT DOWN THE CAN ! ! JUST SAY NO TO RATTLECAN!

end rant

With good prep work there's nothing wrong with rattlecan paintjobs.

*FACEPALM*

I'm just going to put this out there once and for all......it looks like poo....Its EXTREMELY HARD TO REMOVE, cloggs up sand paper, turns to goo with chemical. And if you EVER want to give your car a REAL paint job with REAL automotive paint its ALLLL gotta come off because automotive reducer lifts it off like aircraft remover.

end rant

Wow really that bad huh? Well the reason i did the can was because i dont have money to paint the car i know how to spray my compresor when out my spray gun broke i spen two weeks on all the prep work but its a rat ride for now.

*FACEPALM*

I'm just going to put this out there once and for all......it looks like poo....Its EXTREMELY HARD TO REMOVE, cloggs up sand paper, turns to goo with chemical. And if you EVER want to give your car a REAL paint job with REAL automotive paint its ALLLL gotta come off because automotive reducer lifts it off like aircraft remover.

end rant

Wow really that bad huh? Well the reason i did the can was because i dont have money to paint the car i know how to spray my compresor when out my spray gun broke i spen two weeks on all the prep work but its a rat ride for now.

http://m1293.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/MARS510/Mobile%20Uploads/ResizedImage_1359766769681_zps778e802e.jpg.html?newest=

my 71 under construction. Im still trying to figure out how to post individual pictures lol!

Ive seen you around town a few times and also on the freeway when i use to drive to work and from work in Ontario.

Ive seen you around town a few times and also on the freeway when i use to drive to work and from work in Ontario.[/quote

Oh yeah it's my daily driver for now... until i get money to get an engine for my altima lol!

lol nice! once i get my 510 running we'll have to meet up for a 510 meet lol

*FACEPALM*

I'm just going to put this out there once and for all......it looks like poo....Its EXTREMELY HARD TO REMOVE, cloggs up sand paper, turns to goo with chemical.  And if you EVER want to give your car a REAL paint job with REAL automotive paint its ALLLL gotta come off because automotive reducer lifts it off like aircraft remover.  

You obviously need more practice. I had a rattle canned cj-7 for ten years and it was rust free. Prep goes a long way

end rant

*FACEPALM*

You obviously need more practice. I had a rattle canned cj-7 for ten years and it was rust free. Prep goes a long way

end rant

Messed that up
Messed that up

Well, its only primer... Primer is not supposed to look shiny if thats what everyone is thinking.

And like i said before i was going for rat look.

But thanks for the coments. I will take all that in consideration and i will do a better job next time.

*FACEPALM*

end rant

So you are going to go ahead and give my car a real automotive paint job for free for me? 

So you are going to go ahead and give my car a real automotive paint job for free for me? 

Nope......nothing against primered cars. Do what you like style wise. But the TYPE of paint that is in your every day rattle can is actually WORSE than just doing nothing.

You CAN get automotive compatible primer IN a rattle can (kinda) but it's like $15 bux a can from wesco and doubt anyone's using that.   Your just making more work for yourself(or more likely someone else) in the future thats all.

5A24D1CC-E8B0-4B1F-B432-46A1DF53F4AF-932

My '72 wagon, my old '80 hl510, brothers '71

024E39E7-8D92-4138-9E30-2484C4CF555D-932

And my dimes and corona...now I'm down to just the wagon...I have own a few cars but the only one I have fell in love with is the goon. It's kinda trippy haha