Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think you might have opened up a can of worms with that SR swap.

a can of worms that i cant wait to play with :-) this is my first turbo car so its a HUGE learning experience but im getting some great information from some knowledgeable guys. i just drove a 510 with similar turbo and he was puting down 370 who and that was so much fun i was hooked. i found out my turbo is bad so might as well go big right? im planning on running around 300ish for daily use and maybe 400 for crazy fun times. i probable wont get to the 400 mark but hopefully somewhat close. the R200 im getting is an open dif 3.90 so it will take some time for me to save up and get the LSD so it will be a little wile till really fun times lol. my truck should sell in the next few days so once my truck sells ill be getting most of the stuff needed to put this bad boy in my car. im not gona yank my L20B till i have literally EVERY part needed for the swap. at least and educated guess of everything i need lol

getting the 300zx MAF, still looking for a guy to map my ECU, and im still trying to figure out what injectors to use.. something in the 7-800 range.

I've had really good luck with the z32/Nistune/DeatschWerks combo!

I would stay away from "tuned" Rom's and have it dyno-tuned on a "load" dyno with the correct knock detection.

getting the 300zx MAF, still looking for a guy to map my ECU, and im still trying to figure out what injectors to use.. something in the 7-800 range.

This was what I mean by worms. LOL. Are you going to run top or side feed injectors? I like side for a cleaner look but top feeds are cheaper. Check out the Nistune type 3 board, this is what I am going to be running once I go GT2860RS.

a can of worms that i cant wait to play with :-) this is my first turbo car so its a HUGE learning experience but im getting some great information from some knowledgeable guys. i just drove a 510 with similar turbo and he was puting down 370 who and that was so much fun i was hooked. i found out my turbo is bad so might as well go big right? im planning on running around 300ish for daily use and maybe 400 for crazy fun times. i probable wont get to the 400 mark but hopefully somewhat close. the R200 im getting is an open dif 3.90 so it will take some time for me to save up and get the LSD so it will be a little wile till really fun times lol. my truck should sell in the next few days so once my truck sells ill be getting most of the stuff needed to put this bad boy in my car. im not gona yank my L20B till i have literally EVERY part needed for the swap. at least and educated guess of everything i need lol

That's perfect! Wait til you have everything. I pulled the motor out in August and still putting everything together. I miss driving my dime already!

why such a big turbo? I would personally just run a t28 with 550's. In my 240 I ran the Forced Performance Big28 turbo with 550's. At 18psi I had 300WHP and that was more than enough in a much heavier car. It had nice lowend response also.

I'll be running around 300 to get started and learn how to handle the power then ones I get LSD I'll pump it up. I got the turbo for 400 and it's new never been installed. I have always wanted a fast car as yes I know this is kind of stupid fast but I know I'll respect the power and I'll have a blast doing it. Like I said when I drove my friends car with 370whp I almost jizzed my pants. That's what hooked me. It had that have to have it factor so since I foun out my turbo is bad I got it :). Hoping my boost kicks in around 3500. My buddy's kicks in at 3800 and after you get off the line it just dosnt stop. It was kicking sideways all the way to 4th gear. That was fun . I be driven some high hp cars but this was just alot of fun. So I guess I'm copying his set up to hope and get te same output. Should be fun. I'll keep you guys up to date

The more power the better just keep upgrading it.

yes more power the better

my jag s type r runs better after 120 mph compare to a muscle car with 22s

i smoked a 67 or 68 camaro on 215 freeway

22s on a muscle car is an insult my 69 camaro and 66 chevelle are on original rally wheels just like back on the 70ties and i will keep it like that for respect to the original E street cruisers of the old days i was part of it and i have good memories.

Thats clean, is it an open diff or did you get the LSD?

Are you going to make your own mustache bar or buy an aftermarket one? What is the ratio? 4:24? If it is, you are going to have some neck snapping take offs with that.

I just picked this up 30 min ago. It's a 3.90. Good in between ratio since I'll be driving this thing everywhere. LSD is in my future but first I need to get my motor running before I spend 800 on a LSD unit. But if I find a deal then I'll get one

ee826841.jpg