Topher's 72 SR 510

im a dumb ass they work but now i just found out that tokico blues fit differently then the KYB i got so now i need to return those and pick up some tokico blues.... this is getting frustrating... everything is going wrong lol

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

put the dash back in. there was a ton of dirt hidden in all the nooks and crannies so it was nice to clean all that out and putting backthe wires i cleaned everything up and i am very happy with the results. hard to see in the pics

IMG_2658-1.jpg

Im thinking of using this fuel cell that was given to me. Just going to cut out the tires pan and make this so it sits flush with the trunk. i have seen it done once but i forget where.

IMG_2657.jpg

What are these wires for? im assuming for the door light and things to tell you its open. i dont need that crap so i hid it and dont plan on hooking them back up.

IMG_2655.jpg

Driving to where my car is

IMG_2669.jpg

this was my old set up

IMG_2670.jpg

forgot to take a pick of my new set up. i was in a rush and i needed to leave so i was only able to do one side but this is what it looks like with the wheels on :-) sooooo sexy

IMG_2674.jpg

hopefully ill be able to finish my project this weekend. i noticed when i pulled apart my old stuff the the tie rod ends are shot so i ordered a full front end kit from moog so that should be here in the next few days

this is with the sleeve nut half way down. it dosnt look that low in the pic but in person its crazy. my jack would not come out so now i have to drive up on some 2 x 4's or something. once i get the rear coil overs the ill slamm her. im new to slamage so this is very entertaining to me

Driving to where my car is

IMG_2669.jpg

this was my old set up

IMG_2670.jpg

forgot to take a pick of my new set up. i was in a rush and i needed to leave so i was only able to do one side but this is what it looks like with the wheels on :-) sooooo sexy

IMG_2674.jpg

hopefully ill be able to finish my project this weekend. i noticed when i pulled apart my old stuff the the tie rod ends are shot so i ordered a full front end kit from moog so that should be here in the next few days

very nice. makes me miss my 510.

Cut springs in the back but as soon as I get don't extra cash I'm gona re do the whole rear end with coil overs, LSD and I haven't done the reaserch yet on how to correct the camber in the rear. I think people do slotted rear ends but I have no idea what I need to do for that yet.

my idler arm needs to be replaced along with the pice that connects to the steering wheel shaft. Whats that called again?

Think it's called a piman arm. I just got all the replacement pieces for my steering when I did mine. Don't forget about the center link. I think it's just a piece of metal, but over the years I'm sure it's gotten bent or rusted. Might was well replace it now while you're in there.

SO i finally got her to a stage where i felt "comfortable" driving her the 45 minutes home from my dads shop. Let me tell you that was a hell of a ride. first off mid shift my flipping shifter came loose and fell out (sketchy!) the electric fan stooped working so i decided to simply run a wire from the battery to the fan and so now i need to see if a relay went out or something. The L20 got up in the 220's a few times when i was sitting a stop singes. Previous owner said the aluminum radiator that he bought for the car may be to big to cool the engine so im thinking of just putting a rabbit radiator in there and see if that fixes things. Even tho i was sweating my balls of and freaking out that something i forgot to tighten was going to fall off it was still one of the most memorable drives of my life (in a good way). got at least 5 thumb up's witch made me grin :-) man this thing is loud and the suspension is epic. I was driving he home today after picking up some craft beers from a friend and some lady in a white S class came within a foot of slamming into me. i had to go into the other lane just to miss her and luckily my suspension was up to the job. all i need now is some coil overs in the back. next on my to do list. Cant wait to sort out the fan problem and get this thing a little more road worthy. IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg