Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So today I was able to get some stuff done. Got the Steuben but off the rear hubs. Jacked up both the beginnings of the threads on the hubs so I need to take them to get fixed :( f814288e.jpg

but still haven't gotten my cross member back from my buddy outing the 4" hole and slotting it. In the mean time I started to clean some of the aluminum parts.

Before and after

8213e91c.jpg

1c91461a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

They are quite a bit bigger but I still haven't driven on them. That wind be for a few months. I'm going to be picking up that wilwood in cabin set up so that my turbo isn't half an inch from my break master cylinder

I was thinking about running the tilton pedal box with dual master cylinders because no matter what route you take with a turbo manifold it is still way to close to the brake master. Plus it would make the engine bay ultra clean.

I was thinking about running the tilton pedal box with dual master cylinders because no matter what route you take with a turbo manifold it is still way to close to the brake master. Plus it would make the engine bay ultra clean.

Yup. Im shaving and cover all the un nessasary holes so it will look naked in there. Just trying to figure out where I want to run the new break lines....

Amazing build.

I love the color as it is. Just a thought, but how would the bumpers look painted black? White body with black bumpers would be nice in my opinion.

Thanks man. I toyed with the idea of painting the bumpers.... When I got my first 510 I painted all my trim black and hated it after I did it so now i love the stock shiny look. And my bumpers are in pretty good shape so I don't want to mess with a good looking bumper ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Weeee

2a4c4811.jpg

The other day I de greased the whole engine bay and most of the underneath of the car. EVERYTHING was covered in oil since my old l20b was so flipping leaky. I got it ALOT cleaner so now it's almost time to start shaving all the holes and what not that's not being used. In the next week or two the motor should be in to start mocing up.

Before

2cd1e8f9.jpg

After. Still not clean but alot easier to work with

47ec7bbd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

little update :-)

tore the motor apart found two issues

1. the water pump was toast so just picked up a new one from Fr

a7e9a3fb.jpg

2. the timing chain guide on the left is broke so im still on the search for one ;-)

9617a9df.jpg

Motor guy took all the components in to make sure they wouldnt need polishing and only one lobe on the cam needed to be re polished

e7eeb56b.jpg

Got the block and head decked so the Cosworth head gasket gets a good seal

173cddf7.jpg

dd4e7532.jpg

46b338e7.jpg

Then picked up some new goodies ;)

greddy rock arm stoppers, exedy stage 2 clutch and waterpump

2e35df06.jpg

So now all im waiting on is finding a chain guide and a flywheels and ill be ready to get the motor balanced :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to pick up the fidanza 10 lb flywheel. Pretty cool that if it ever gets warn all you need to do is unbolt the center section and replace.. I really hope it's not 2 light but from what I have heard a light weight flywheel really makes a big difference in power deliverance. That should be here mid next week then it will be time to get the motor balenced

b9f8229b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...