Topher's 72 SR 510

Well the cars off to a buddy's house to do a little body work on the engine bay and stuff

12f1bf96.jpg

is that a cast manifold? Full Race did a comparison and the cast won. I swapped mine out to cast T3, now I have to get my GT2860RS with a T3 turbine housing.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big day

As we were mounting up the trans we relized that one of the guid pins were broke off in the trans so we got that out

03d0dcf4.jpg

After that we were ready to get it in the car

5efda3f9.jpg

Then once the motor was in cut the tunnel

9ea0f5e6.jpg

And beautiful!

ae1efca2.jpg

8b866af5.jpg

3f6fc2e0.jpg

I'm planning on 18-20 lbs. All depends on when I reach my power goal of 350-400 whp. intercooler is already installed. There Is a good amount of room the rad but the cold side of the IC is going to be an interesting fit...

hope to get the motor out this weekend so my body guy can patch up and paint the engine bay so i can get this thing on the road. this is taking soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much longer then i anticipated and thousands of dollars more then i thought....... as long as im running by JCCS ill be a happy camper but if im not ill be mopping around admiring all the awesome cars there....

here is a little update

was able to enlarge the one side of the intercooler to match my turbo

450912b9.jpg

hot side done

12840a7b.jpg

cold side all awesome looking and done

a6dc89f6.jpg

no all i need to do is weld a small 3/4 aluminum tube to the cold side to hook up to the intake mani.. anyone have some laying around?

Took the motor out today. Body guy said in 2 weeks he should be done and the motor will be Installed for the last time and everything bolted up for good :)

Anyone have a good idea of how to clean the INSIDE of an intercooler and radiator?

894321d4.jpg