Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, that shift knob is funny as hell but its got to be a pain in the ass to shift with. It's looking good.

dude since i have a 4 speed its the sloppiest mo fo in the world so when i go from 1st - 2ed it hit my steering wheel every time. i just like to put it on when i go to shows lol. Dose anyone know by any chance if shifter knobs are all the same threads? cuz i want to put this stuff onto my sr 5 speed but havent had the time to try it on that shifter.

• 3 weeks later...

Yum

4e3322f4.jpg

cefee52d.jpg

As of today pistons are hopefully the last thing I need for my motor. Think I'm going to do a 87 bore them get the motor balanced and honed. 1.5 cosworth head gasket should be here any day.... Step by step I'm getting closer to my goal of a 400hp daily 510 :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This came in the mail today and tomorrow an even bigger item comes in the mail :-) sooo excited now I have all the parts to make my motor so I'm taking the sr to a buddy of mine that's gona re build it! Hopefully it will be done in a month maybe longer but by the time the motor is done I should have some nessasarry stuff done to my car.

fbcfd03d.jpg

WELL the time has finally come to actually do something with this build. i saw that i had spend alot of money and yet i still didnt get much progress done when it comes to the car. SO today i decided to getrdone... took a few hours but no i know what i have to work with and how things are gona work out. pulled the whole rear end so that i can get the exhaust hole enlarged along with doing the cheap mans rear camber/toe adjustment. big thing was suppose to arrive yesterday but wont show till monday so once that gets here and all my rear cross member stuff is done i can put that all back on the car after a good undercoating then i should be that much closer to geting her back on the road. i have a HUGE task ahead of me and my goal is to hit JCCS this year but everyone knows you never hit your target date so lets hope and pray. let the oics begin

IMG_8296.jpg

IMG_8297.jpg

IMG_8300.jpg

IMG_8302.jpg

IMG_8305.jpg

IMG_8307.jpg

IMG_8310.jpg

IMG_8314.jpg

IMG_8319.jpg

IMG_8330.jpg

IMG_8351.jpg

IMG_8353.jpg

IMG_8355.jpg

IMG_8356.jpg

IMG_8360.jpg

Today I scored :) I picked up some parts from my new buddy Andrew pick me self up a radiator, intercooler, sr 510 drive shaft, fuel cell and a auto meter fuel gauge :) cool thing is all this stuff came off an SR'd 510 so should turn out dandy

42dea975.jpg

8213e91c.jpg

77b216d3.jpg

df89c254.jpg

Today I got a new gasket for the r200 and swapped the covers since the one off the 3.9 looks so good.

f3ae59d3.jpg

And I got some poly xmember bushings and tomorrow I will order the ones for the mustache and controle arms in the rear. Z poly mustache bushings are hard to find! Luckily Top End Performance has everything I need.

f6045f56.jpg