Topher's 72 SR 510

hahah i know man Ricky told me a few days ago that he picked up my shell that i sold 3 days before that haha. Im excited to see how the RHD conversion comes out. Im at the stage where i could attempt that but really dont know all i need to do. im very tempted..... I may call you up and pick your brain if i decide to attempt it. How long dose it take you to do the swap with all the parts?

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it takes a day for Phil to do the swap. Ricky and decided to take it a step further. I gave him a car i have and he gave me your old car. So the swap will be finished on that one and that car is clean. So we even took it further and We will be painting it.

Rhd 4 1/2 now! Haha. Won't give away my trade secrets. Ricky seen them. You really need the whole rhd set up. I wouldn't do it with out it. Specially the firewall part. That lines it all up...

Yes it takes a day for Phil to do the swap. Ricky and decided to take it a step further. I gave him a car i have and he gave me your old car. So the swap will be finished on that one and that car is clean. So we even took it further and We will be painting it.

hahaha ricky didnt tell me he traded you cars. man now ill never see that car! So What exactly is the plan with my old green one? Once you guys are done with Ricky's RHD ill take lots of pic and see if its something i want to under go. Too bad you guys are so far away.

Ya I need to start saving up now but what I'll most likely do is a KA of some sort just cuz parts are cheap and everywhere. And re cross never mod is the same. Time will tell. I'm just gone beat the shit out of my L20 for a wile.

lol before i do the body and engine stuff i want to get the suspension, LSD, rear disk brakes, slotted rear end, and stuff like that. I already have the bracket for 240sx rear brakes so next time i find one in the yard the rear brakes are mine :-). i plan on tracking the car so hopefully the engine will survive the punishment im going to put it through. safety and handling in my game plan right now comes first to performance. Once im satisfied and feel safe then ill spend my money on the fast stuff. idk ill prob change my priorities in the months to come lol

so next time i find one in the yard the rear brakes are mine

Do the yard where your at keep the calipers on the cars? All the yard around here pull the calipers and toss them into a bin for recycling. They get a better price than selling them to the public.

• 2 weeks later...