Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today i replaced the hood release cable, gutted the interior and tomorrow im going to start hitting it with a cup brush and getting rid of all the surface rust then hit it with a rust inhibiting primer. also gona do the same for the trunk

Word, good car man. floor pans really dont look bad bro.

Could also get one of those 3M flapper discs, itll take it down to metal without burning up the metal. Gets rid of paint/rust really well. Then some por15. Skunk did it to the dime i bought from him, he did a kickass job..

holy rusted mettle bat man!

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

Tore apart the front end and polished and buffed out what i could. i had to take the grill out any ways to fix the cable so while i was at it i figured might as well polish it up a bit. still need alot of work but its more presentable. body work is a must start soon after i patch up all the rust

IMG_2395.jpg

Before

IMG_2392.jpg

After

IMG_2393.jpg

For my green one i re painted all of the head light housings so since i put so much time into them i just swapped them over to this one.

IMG_2397.jpg

• 1 month later...

So i have been super busy lately but today i was able to pull out most of the dash and started to grind down more of the interior so i can spray it with some Zero Rust. Ill probably end up making up some floor pans to fix the rust thats on the rear floor pan and underneath where the rear seats sit. also picked up some 280zx struts that are modified for MR2 inserts. Also need to do some re piping in the engine bay also re mount the radiator. anyways ill take some pics later. I am REALLY hoping i dont have to get some low pro tires with my new wheels cuz as they sit now on the stock 510 struts they rub bad in the front. I have to run the 13's in the front.

IMG_2488.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

also took my struts to get powder-coated gold to match the gold and red theme. also my Adjustable aluminum LCA and aluminum adjustable TC rods are anodized red. im getting my dust covers powder coated sati black just got make it a little more detailed what color should my calipers be? red?? or just stick with black? im a little tossed between what i should do.....