Topher's 72 SR 510

Forgot to pill of the front of the cank pulley to give me a bit more room for fans and rad so I'm Gona get that done this week. Now that the motor is done I'll be able to start putting crap in the car to make sure it fits

I hope you meant Mill. I spoke to Ross Performance on their modular Tuffbond Balancer and you dont have to run all the ribs. I am just going to have one milled as well, its way cheaper.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you meant Mill. I spoke to Ross Performance on their modular Tuffbond Balancer and you dont have to run all the ribs. I am just going to have one milled as well, its way cheaper.

ya i meant milled. damn iphone really fucked up that sentence lol.

androids and iphones can really fuck up a post.

Looks good. Before I go into phase two of my build I am going to buy another SR and build it up. This time it will be all forged internals and maybe a custom intake. I wont have anymore knock off parts since they need some massaging to fit correctly.

Ya I wanted to do it right the first time so got the good stuff. My motor should be good for reliable 400+ Whp so I'm not to worded about going crazy on the head. Now that my cams are set and everything is put together I should be good. I have fredy intake and some tubular top mount but that stuff shouldn't hurt any. I still need around 2k more in stuff to get this thing running. This project turned out to be 5X more expensive then I thought it would be... But it's going to be sooo worth it in the end!

Oh and I got my ECU tuned and found out it was fried so Jason was able to fix it. If anyone needs an ECU I highly recommend him. Let me know if you want his number.

Put the crossmember in and pulled all the wires. was going to drop the motor in but then quickly relized I need bolts to mate the engine to the motor.... And my local screw shop (giggity) was closed. So now I have to wait till Monday toget the bolts :( really wanted to get it in this weekend but looks like it will have to wait till next weekend. So if anyone wants to help me drop it in I'll have free beer in the cooler :)

get it running and you can probably get more money for it...

I'd pay for a running car rather then a incomplete project..

If that's what you are doing anyways ignore this :blush:

B)

I love your car though :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...