Cool newscast on first car.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could say that I had some cool story about an older first car, but being only 21, that's kinda hard. The funny thing about finding my car is that when I contacted the guy with the ad he only lived a block away from me. Go figure

My First car was a 74 Datsun 620. Drove it off of a used car lot on October 30, 1987. Odometer was reading 24333.3 Scary that i remember that. Beat on it for a little more than 100k miles. Sold it to a co-worker for his son. This kid later had it shipped from oregon to texas. Havent seen it since.

Jason

74 dart "custom" 4dr 318 auto. I was like 14, changed the pushrods myself. I remember some family coming over while I was working on it, someone asked "Does he know what he's doing" to which I replied "Not really"

ended up getting crushed before I turned 16. Might still track down that motor/tranny for something tought..hmmm

After that, my first "ride" was a 88 dakota.....what a turd

My first car was a 71 Chevelle, drove it for 3 months, then parked it to build a sweet new motor for it. After the Chevelle got parked I got my Dad's old 79 510 wagon. That was a sweet ride... My grandpa bought it in the mid 80s, gave it to my dad in 1994 for his 35th birthday, Dad drove it untill 2001 when I got it. Wish I still had that car.

83 civic hatchback, 4 speed. slow car. but after i finished summer school:lol: i got my 1994 Mitsu Mighty Max. i had some crome 15" with low profile tires. what's funny is i didn't understand wheel/tire combos. i guess i wanted 17 or 18 with low pro tires and didn't know it, but the guy convinced me to get 15" wheels. but i still got the low profile tires, which looked a little weird considering i could have fit much bigger wheels!

My first car/truck was a 67 dastun 521 J13, beat to hell got it from a cook at a restaurant where i was a dish washer. Paid $300 drove it for about 3 months, engine blew up, and I sold it to the junk yard...(sorry didnt really now much about Datsun then) My Dad then gave me his 81 VW Caddy(rabbit p/u) and I had that thing up until 6yrs ago, when I totalled it. It had over 250000 miles on it when it finally gave up. ANd then I put a 16V Sirracco enigne and tranny in. But in that time I built a few mini trucks, I was always working and playing with something...

first car was a 88 accord lxi (every option) drove it for about 3 months and totalled it.. then i picked up a 92 civic sedan... drove it for a lil over a year and sold it for 600 more than i payed for it... then i had a 72 620 for about a year and now i've got a 71 521 that i've had for about a year and my dad just basically gave me his old 90 silverado long bed.

at 14, the first vehicle i bought was a '64 NL320 for $50:D. still been holdin on to it(7 years) for the right time to start on it. my second vehicle(1st that i drove) was a '77 280z that i paid $125 for. got it running and driveable and drove it for a week after i got my license, then the insurance company sent a letter saying that i couldnt drive it because it was a "sportscar". even though at the time, my 17yo brother was driving an 11 second maverick and had no problems.

First car was a '69 Mercedes-Benz 230... I never got to drive it though, it had too many issues. Ended up fiddling with it for about a year and eventually just gave it away. It was a cool looking car though...

My second car (first car I actually bought and drove) was an '84 Honda Civic GL (Grand Luxury?). It was a little grey sedan that I paid $500 and drove the hell out of... almost. It was a three-speed semi-auto that wouldn't go faster than 145 km/h (downhill, with a tailwind), but it would do 80 km/h in first gear... I remember tearing up the side of a mountain in first gear, doing about 75, pushing 8,000 rpm. I took it everywhere... even offroading. It got hit by a truck one day while it was parked next to my work... insurance company wrote it off. I still miss it.