box flares ftw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the last floor pan is in .all that is left are a couple holes to patch modifie the driver sear rail now that the trans tunnel is where one of the mounting holes use to be. and the driver side seat belt mount need's to be welded back in.

Then i get to clean it all up and seam seal it and paint and under coat it all.

thing's to do

seam seal floor

paint floor

under coat floor

install steering column

install interior

modify sparco seat bracket

replaces passenger front caliper

install rear brake lines

turn right rear rotor

buy rca

install rca

install driver side control arm

install tc rod's

set ride height

get alignment

find coolant leak

move cross over pipe a way from intake pipe

shorten down pipe

make battery bracket

nice, I like what is going on here. I might have to copy and tuck my exhaust up too. Have anyone heard of any excessive hot floors doing this mod? Jeff (icehouse)? bueller? bueller?

I was thinking tucking it and then routing it out the drivers side under what would be my rear doors.

My floors didn't get extremely hot that I could remember. I never installed carpet though. I think in the last 8 years I've only had one datsun with carpet :) A few of my trucks have had the rubber mats but that's about it :) If the exhaust tunnel added heat up here it's a good thing :)

Best mod I ever did to my 510. I don't know about you guys but I hate bottoming out on the exhaust and in turn getting exhaust leaks..... I like when the frame rails drag instead :)

I always wanted to mount it so the exhast exited the panel below the side window in front of the tire down by the rocker.

I amgoing wrap my exhaust if it is to warm and dyno mat the floor. I might lizard skin the tunnel.

I think we all dream of quarter panel exhaust exit :)

Thanks for the tranny tunnel idea jeff. And thanks phil for being awsome!

:)

Best mod I ever did to my 510. I don't know about you guys but I hate bottoming out on the exhaust and in turn getting exhaust leaks..... I like when the frame rails drag instead :)

I think we all dream of quarter panel exhaust exit :)

:)

that would be sick on my wagon....wait ....but ... that's where my door is...

i love the exhaust tunnel idea too...hmmmm I got tunnel work ahead of me anyway....hmmmmmm (but the floor is perfect and not rusty...) hmmmmmmm maybe just for this year i will just plumb some 3" pvc through the cabin for better ground clearance....see if there's a heat issue... :confused:

u have changed my mind about box flares....I was alway's ftw .. then i saw this thread and i was like, hmmmmm that's cool... then I read the thread some more ... and was like, sick....that's nice ..and now im l like i like what i see here...

My friend and i had a bubble flair car for a bit.... used it for parts then sadly and probably stupidly gave it away and it was .....(don't flame me...) destroyed...it was 1994, had I even known about ratsun i woulda saved it, but al gore hadn't invented the internet yet i think...or it was new and we were all in aol chat rooms trying to get laid ....

thing's to do

purchase seam sealer

seam seal floor

paint floor

under coat floor

install steering column

install interior

replace passanger front caliper

install rear brake lines

turn right rear rotor

buy rca

install rca

install tc rod's

set ride height

get alignment

find coolant leak

move cross over pipe a way from intake pipe

shorten down pipe

make battery bracket

thing's to do

purchase seam sealer

seam seal floor

paint floor

under coat floor

install steering column

install interior

replace passanger front caliper

install rear brake lines

turn right rear rotor

buy rca

install rca

install tc rods

set ride height

get alignment

find coolant leak

move cross over pipe a way from intake

shorten down pipe

make battery bracket

remount fuel lines

Remember to add the the stock tc rod nut on the passenger side tomorow after work

its a live! after going through all that work it go's and rains in the day i want to drive it wtf . after the show was over at jeromys shop i came home and the ground was dry so i hopped in the dime and took it up to get some gas.

I forgot how easy this thing looses traction it is ridiculous ! the suspension feels awesome so far .

i think my iac is plugged or bad or has a leek. when i come to a stop the idol hunt's. and the car wants to die

I wish it looked this good in person lol

2012-05-20004348.jpg

2012-05-20185831.jpg