box flares ftw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh Judy  it felt good to hold you in my hand again !

20130505_154205_zps0629124f.jpg

took her for a ride it felt good with all the new steering parts. The steering felt very light . :thumbup: But i had to take the rewinds off the tires are to old and hard . The bfg's on the rewinds where pushing just trying to flip a slow u turn on my street.

Now i have to pull the drive line and get the dimensions i need. The old drive line is a little bit to short and it is causing  the rear tail shaft bushing's in my transmissions to wear out .

I dont want to put my new trans in and wipe it out like the last 2.

• Like 1

Jason what you been doing? I need 10 inch wide wheels for the rear

so to day i got a vibration jacked up the rear and realized my companion flange was loose . thanks previous owner !

when the po swapped the rear to disc's they didn't steak the nut and it came loose and was finger tight . glad i caught it .

on hot days my car tends to heat up on the free way. The temp will slowly rise after a while at free way speeds buy when i pull of the freeway it cool's down so .

I think the air is going under the rad up behind it and out the louvers in the hood . So i maid a piece of test ducting to see if it will help

front

20130510_190253_zpsb5c35a3c.jpg

bottom

20130510_190238_zps2b3b73e5.jpg

20130510_190137_zps25c76931.jpg

did all this on friday

seemed to help we will see on the next hot day

then yesterday i started making another test piece

So i didn't have any sheet metal that was wide enough . I started looking around at what i could use and spotted this

20130511_110303_zpsc2c7bb37.jpg

i took this

20130511_110321_zps29c5d588.jpg

and did this to it

20130511_110310_zpsffb09503.jpg

and did this

20130511_110353_zps9ffbef82.jpg

and it turned in to this

20130511_110410_zps54e47678.jpg

now i need to find time to see how it fits

• 2 weeks later...

on saturday i pulled my cx racing rad out and got ready to install it. As soon as i pulled it I noticed this

20130525_173104_zpsffaa2eba.jpg

then komupins noticed this

bent_and_circled_zps6f832f73.jpg

c_bend_2_zps374425c3.jpg

so i e mailed them and i am waiting for a response

Today i installed these

20130529_172827_zpsbfd15c15.jpg

And i figured since it is in the air i might as well install the spax adjustable shocks phil gave me  2 years a go . I didn't think these shocks where going to be any good.

Glad i was wrong.

Wow, that doesn't look good at all. CX racing is one of those ebay companies that sell the horrid turbos and such, but I had heard that their radiators and oil coolers were decent...

Will they give you a refund?

That's not good customer service, nor quality.  If that company cared about their name, customers etc they would replace it. You shouldn't have to run that.  Email them back saying 15 will not suffice, and you want a replacement.  Demand it!  Check out their return policy too, call them out.

I'd be afraid of cracking it somewhere bolting it down, or the fan hitting it sometime down the road.

I would say at the very least a replacement rad should be owed you. Rads are not suppose to be twisted like that and I think they have agreed on that seeing as how they wanted to buy you off with 15 bucks. A true after market high performance shop should give you a new rad. If they don't then that speaks volumes on their business model.  What's the silver shit on your hands from? Is it coming off the rad? That aint right either.