box flares ftw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woh wtf. Where did you find those awsome wheels

i bought em off ebay. they were off a box flared 510 race car in florida. i wanted the centers to use on another project and swapped the centers with my other set of gotti's 75ab centers in narrow lips

PB044532.jpg

and the porsche fitment centers in wide lips

PB044527.jpg

another angle of both

PB044526.jpg

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So i have had a intermittent issue where my car woul just randomly loose power. well 2 days a go i said to my car i wish what ever is wrong with you would just brake so i can fix it.

Well be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. i went to go to work and my daily had a flat so i drove the dime. well as i was heading to my mom's for a visit i got on it and grabbed 2nd the car launched1 ( i WAS LIKE FUCC YAH !) then all the sudden i was like what the hell the hell . i lost all power then smoke and burning! i look over ( I had my glove box out so i could see my harness and get to my ecu ) and i see my sr harness is on fire and smoking so i cut left coast down the street and turn my car off. cut open my harness check every thing from the ecu to the fuel tank. head back to work grab a trailer and truck tow it home and inspect a little more. It looks like my fuel pump froze and caught my relay harness on fire and melted the connections at the top of the 300sx pump stand. I am lucky i did not explode. :w00t: So me and phill went and got 3 new relays and a fuse block and all the crap to fix my harness . yay!

So i think i am going to run a aeromotive 340 instead of a walbro has any one used a aeromotive 340 in there swap? is it as loud as a walbro?

well after screwing with this pump for a couple hours trying to get the dang thing positioned right and low enough so the pump wont starve I realize i need 2 hose clamp's that i don't have . if some o e read's this post and decides to run this pump make sure to get the pump that has the intake in the center.

2012-07-29010108.jpg

I know I am a little late but the Deatschwerks pumps are supposed to be great, plus they are drop in. Keep us informed how you like the Aeromotive, I am almost in this stage and if you really like this pump I might be interested. Plus if it is quite that is a bonus, damn Walbro's are loud as hell.

I know the Deatschwerks pumps use the same type of turbine pump as the Aeromotive pumps.

well it survived the first trip around the block with no fires . And the pump makes about 50% less noise then the wallbro. I am driving with my back seat out and i took my sound deadener behind my seat out. With both those out the pump is still quieter then my walbro .

Ah what interesting chain of event's i have had to day.

So ever since i got t boned in my 4 door a couple years ago. Every once and a while my left hand just kind of looses it's grip almost like it just short's out for a second.

Well on my way to work today I pulled in to burger king to get a egg biscuit sandwich thing. As I was pulling in to the parking lot I reached over with my right hand to turn down the stereo as I rolled over the parking lot drain holding the steering wheel with my left hand. well guess what! The drain is sunk in to the ground a bit so as i drove over it it ripped the wheel out of my left hand and as a grabbed the wheel with both hands and tried to correct what had just happened bam! I pegged a curb bent my wheel bent my Tye rod. hopped out of the car thinking great i just taco my rocker on the island I just hit. The rocker was fine but my tire was going flat so I hopped in the car drove a mile to my work on a flat . Got to work beet the wheel back in to shape so it can hold air. Called baxters ordered a new tye rod sleeve because mine had a 30 degree bend in it. Then tried to remove the tye rod sleeve ( thinking I could still use the tye rod end's but I was wrong the sleeve bent right in front of both tye rod ends)!.

I called baxters back sat on hold for 15 minutes asked them to order me two tye rod ends. The baxter employee tells me sorry man if you would have called 10 minutes sooner we could have thrown them on the last truck. :w00t: So I grab piece of fence post cramm it between the tye rod and frame bend the sleeve as close to straight as i can get. Then since they have i5 south detoured I took surface streets home. well my car did not like that on this hot ass day. the dang thing started running hot died out at a light and didn't want to start. At lower speeds under part throttle it is heating up but if i get up to a descent speed it will run ok . I beleave it because at low speed the air is going around the radiator and ic . so now I have to buy inner and outer tye rod ends buy tires for my other xxr's get an alignment and make radiator ducting/ seal up the area between the ic and the radiator and the area around the 2 so it forces the air through the ic and rad

• 1 month later...

hahahahahaha ahhahaaaa yes!

So i said i was going to park this car till next spring but since it has a full tank of gas i figured i would try to trouble shoot the problems it is having. well today i swapped out the maf hopped in it to take of and it just died. So i hooked up the laptop to it thinking YES maybe it will finally give me a code and i can figure out what is wrong. nope!

So i fired up and noticed if i wiggled the maf wire just right the idol got funky . aha! I peeled back the harness protector looked in the maf plug and the wires where loos inside. I tightened every thing up turned the key on and looked on the lab top while i wiggled the maf sensor wires . It changed .001 of a volt. good enough for me .

fired it up let it idol. Wiggled the wire and it started idling weird again wiggle wiggle no change . at this point i am thinking great i busted a wire then it happened! I brushed the cas plug with my hand and it cleared up. So i grabbed the plug push up and the car almost dies. Push down idol speeds up . My cas plug is cracked and broken . So I popped it back on wrapped it in gorilla tape and took it on a test run. so much better but not perfect!

Now i need a cas plug any one know where i can get one .

part of the orange insert is missing. with out that piece the cas plug is free to move around the outer shell is also cracked

2012-09-24145240.jpg

Ah what interesting chain of event's i have had to day.

So ever since i got t boned in my 4 door a couple years ago. Every once and a while my left hand just kind of looses it's grip almost like it just short's out for a second.

Well on my way to work today I pulled in to burger king to get a egg biscuit sandwich thing. As I was pulling in to the parking lot I reached over with my right hand to turn down the stereo as I rolled over the parking lot drain holding the steering wheel with my left hand. well guess what! The drain is sunk in to the ground a bit so as i drove over it it ripped the wheel out of my left hand and as a grabbed the wheel with both hands and tried to correct what had just happened bam! I pegged a curb bent my wheel bent my Tye rod. hopped out of the car thinking great i just taco my rocker on the island I just hit. The rocker was fine but my tire was going flat so I hopped in the car drove a mile to my work on a flat . Got to work beet the wheel back in to shape so it can hold air. Called baxters ordered a new tye rod sleeve because mine had a 30 degree bend in it. Then tried to remove the tye rod sleeve ( thinking I could still use the tye rod end's but I was wrong the sleeve bent right in front of both tye rod ends)!.

I called baxters back sat on hold for 15 minutes asked them to order me two tye rod ends. The baxter employee tells me sorry man if you would have called 10 minutes sooner we could have thrown them on the last truck. :w00t: So I grab piece of fence post cramm it between the tye rod and frame bend the sleeve as close to straight as i can get. Then since they have i5 south detoured I took surface streets home. well my car did not like that on this hot ass day. the dang thing started running hot died out at a light and didn't want to start. At lower speeds under part throttle it is heating up but if i get up to a descent speed it will run ok . I beleave it because at low speed the air is going around the radiator and ic . so now I have to buy inner and outer tye rod ends buy tires for my other xxr's get an alignment and make radiator ducting/ seal up the area between the ic and the radiator and the area around the 2 so it forces the air through the ic and rad

damn all that and you dont mention how good my LCA's held up.........whatever, just whatever haha you should come over one of these days and put my SR in my car

well on the way home from last saturdays meet i did a fat burn out in front of my house and the trans said fu and maid some strange noises . luckily dave had a known good sr trans so i bought it from him know i just need to get over there and pay him off ad pick it up.

I am considering selling my xxr's and picking up some 15x10 steelies for the rear and 15x9's for the front or 16x10's rear and 16x9's front

steelies or xxr's decisions decisions.