box flares ftw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so this steering box is better then the old one but steering box still sucks. i drove the car from tigard to Jeromy's shop in vancouver and it maid it.

So i might just make it to canby.

The only word i can use to describe the way this car is compared to the tan car is raw. the tan car was much more refined and driver friendly.

I also let phil take it for a spin on his lunch brake he was grinning ear to ear when he got back

thing's to do

purchase seam sealer

seam seal floor

paint floor

under coat floor

install steering column

install interior

modify sparco seat bracket

replace passanger front caliper

install rear brake lines

turn right rear rotor

buy rca

install rca

install driver side control arm

install tc rods

set ride height

get alignment

find coolant leak

move cross over pipe a way from intake

shorten down pipe

make battery bracket

remount fuel lines

Remember to add the the stock tc rod nut on the passenger side tomorow after work

rack and pinion

rear x member bushings

rear control arm bushings

install rear spaxs shocks

bleed brakes again

ok so this steering box is better then the old one but steering box still sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

in deed

https://docs.google....M2Fk/edit?pli=1#

1- warm up your car to operating temp

2- Shut your car off then pop your hoood and unplug the TPS and the IACV plug that has the light blue wire stemming off of it (this will fix your problem with your idle when u try to set the idle and timing

3- Adjust that throttle plate screw so that it just keeps the throttle pressed by like the tiniest amount (1mm) cause you wana achieve good vaccuum at idle

4-Have that contraption ready with the coilpack and the wire going to the plug ready

5-START YOUR CAR, then adjust the IACV so you achieve 800rpm's + or - 50

6-Let the car's idle stableize itself and you can also tell with the timing gun when it stabilizes, just make sure idle is around 800.

7-Turn your car off for 30 seconds, and restart it again and some reason it makes the idle more stable, i have noticed this many times

8-Grab the signal off of that makeshift wire from in b/w the coil and the spark plug, and you should be ready to loosten your CAS and turn it to adjust it so the needle right above the crank pulley reads the second notch from the far right (15BTDC)

Yes I do mean that I want to do that to my inspection lids on my Z but I don't know how to go about getting it done.

you have to find a guy that has a machine to punch the louvers

Car looks sick! I think the white takes the edge off the size of box flares ;)

yah after i get another tail panel and fix the cracked passanger side flair its going to be white again.