Remember Meeeee????

So since i cant find my thread on here cause its been so long since i revived it, i figured id catch u guys up=] (yes its copied from stanceworks)

ahhh where to began. bought this car from some douche bags backyard about a year and a half ago. paid 500 (over paid) for the car with no title or bill of sell. to make a long story short, i brought it home knowing nothing about 510's or cars in general. started doing some home work and started tearing apart the car. learned a little bit about the little l motor in side and tore apart the motor and swapped a high comp peanut head and got it running. blew it. put an l20b in. hated it. not a huge fan of l motor performance. bought a ka24de swapped it in.. then the fun started. put in a welded diff and cut the springs. blah blah blah...

any ways. tired of typing. time for some pics from old to new. warning: old pics are pretty bad.

PIC-0355.jpg

PIC-0353.jpg

PIC-0358.jpg

PIC-0348.jpg

PIC-0290.jpg

PIC-0292.jpg

PIC-0199.jpg

PIC-0202.jpg

PIC-0524.jpg

PIC-0530.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture060.jpg

then went through a really bad mismatched color stage.

IMAGE_088.jpg

IMAGE_099.jpg

IMAGE_096.jpg

IMAGE_231.jpg

ka24de (the first one)

PIC-0064.jpg

custom oil pan

PIC-0060.jpg

put it in a ditch.. no big deal

PIC-0024.jpg

then my fetish for being low started.

PIC-0032.jpg

PIC-0030.jpg

PIC-0034.jpg

still wasnt low enough so we did a custom set up with shortened 280zx struts with kyb rabbit inserts

PIC-0122.jpg

PIC-0123.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

about an hour after lowering it i ripped a hole in the oil pan on a road turtle and blew the motor. swapped in another one that had a bad ring and smoked ridiculously. blew that too. now we are in the present time ha. im on my 5th motor, 3rd ka. i love the feel of ka's but really want to build an na ca18de with throttle bodies. soon enough.

how it sits now.

PIC-0147.jpg

bb9be855.jpg

PIC-0143.jpg

i really need some wheels. thinking about either works, or 15x7 15x8 image wheels. im trying to get perfect fitment while being slammed, which is extremely hard with 510's, especially four doors. they have inner lips in the fenders that must be cut.

needless to say, i have a big collection of road turtles. my crossmember eats them:

Photo0086.jpg

Photo0084.jpg

4527136655_121df879d1_b.jpg

so i appoligies in advance for the crappy pics but this is pretty much a little update to pass the time at work till im infront of my laptop ha ha.

so about a week or two ago i busted a tie rod going through seattles gay bumpy roads. luckily i have aaa. so the guy with the flat bed cam, looked under it, got up and said "how the hell am i towing this?" ha heres the proof pic.

FxCam_1282186719351.jpg

figured id share my creative side with you guys ha

heres my steering wheel (disredard the super cool jdm horn button, only one i have)

FxCam_1283287857185.jpg

than i got a cool idea to use my old spark plug socket for my l motor as a shift handle.

FxCam_1283287883869.jpg

not a big fan of the stock rearview mirror so went and bought a broadway mirror

FxCam_1283287997971.jpg

than bought a new deck. old one didnt have ipod hook ups:/

FxCam_1283287947148.jpg

than my favorite part.. LOWER!!!

FxCam_1283288024313.jpg

now its official. tucking 13's.. what five ten have u seen tuck 13's??? inagine what id do with 15's:)

now some random pics of the car!!

FxCam_1282617844161.jpg

FxCam_1282617857122.jpg

FxCam_1283196128801.jpg

:]

FxCam_1282098968224.jpg

FxCam_1286060069984.jpg

FxCam_1288571066992.jpg

and most updated pic from today in the snow.

FxCam_1290476532127.jpg

:hyper: A True Ratto

Looks Nice :thumbup:

MOAR LOARR :ninja:

ive been saying the same thing! im gonna get stiffer coils and find a way to tuck everything haha but it pretty much cant go lower. its my daily and ill have to commute far pretty soon. plus seattle st's arent nice lol. the clearance from my cross member alone is minimal lol

I'de suggest a skid plate for the crossmember... You wont blow another oil pan that way. :D Also you could go maor loar with one...

That truly looks epic.

On a side note, how the hell did he tow it?

has a skid plate

and the oil pan is almost 2.5 inches higher than the crossmember in the back and 4 in the front. it will never hit again :)

only thing i worry about when i scrape or switch lanes is tranny and my tie rods.

i also cant make it over most speedbumps unless i have a passenger who is down to push.. even with my welded diff, although the diff does make it easier.

I think its cool

HOWEVER that car is just impracticle for a driver that low.If you wanted it that low showed have kept it a L motor cause I would never want to drive fast in this thing.

it goes 2months .then broke. This car been broke more times than all my datsuns combined in 20years

Frank likes the money

odd cause i havent talked to frank in a pretty long time, and most of the stuff that ive broken has nothing to do with being low. only thing i broke from being low is an oil pan and a tie rod. thats it. my car broke down a lot in the past though, but thats common for a car that gets pulled out of a guys back yard after sitting for 10+ years, have a motor tossed in and then daily'd.

What a pile...... :rofl:

Still curious how you got it on a tow-truck........ and I will admit that you win.... <_< ........ my crossmember can't get that low even with the coilovers, and raised LCA pivots

I set my crossmember at 2-1/2 inches off the ground......... and it can almost make it over all the speedbumps and pot-holes

Still curious how you got it on a tow-truck........ and I will admit that you win.... <_< ........ my crossmember can't get that low even with the coilovers, and raised LCA pivots

I set my crossmember at 2-1/2 inches off the ground......... and it can almost make it over all the speedbumps and pot-holes

cause i.ball.hard.

and indy what do u mean i win? im not competing with you, im building my car as low as possible because i hate road turtles, so this car is my protest against them haha

and 2 1/2 inches high with coils all the way down??? your doing it wrong.

This car is sweet. Vic and I did the Golden Gardens show in 09, my most everlasting memory was when a group of Ratsuns drove in all crazy slammed and ratted out.

haha i was there, with a blown ring smoking up the place on 3 cylinders but i made it! lol

and for exhaust, im currently running obx or whatever header, with a 2 inch mid section and 2 1/2 from the end of the driveline back.. dont ask lol

haha i was there, with a blown ring smoking up the place on 3 cylinders but i made it! lol

and for exhaust, im currently running obx or whatever header, with a 2 inch mid section and 2 1/2 from the end of the driveline back.. dont ask lol

right on, im gonna redo my exhaust(shitty roadwarrior style side exit) andi have to minitub so i can tuck my rewinds. but soon enough, ill be slammed too!!! :D