Remember Meeeee????

Wow, do you call the cops when kids are sledding in your front yard?

Let's be honest here,, I see db's hauling junk in an overloaded beater truck with crap begging to fly out all the time, that type of situation would be 80 ba'zillion times more dangerous.

This skid plate is just straight up bad to the ass. Is it practical? Not so much but it's totally BA, and my penis moves a little bit every time I see it. As far as dangerous,,, I'd be more concerned about an outta control city bus or a tard driving a moped on the side walk.

I'm all about the lowest possible stance, with performance still being the driving force behind a ride. But SixtyNineDime has taken "responsibility" for his ride, he has taken a ruler to measure the clearance to drive it!! Done and done..

Yeah because doing over 100mph on I5 with a stress fatigued tie-rod is the same as a kid sledding in my yard.....

I'm entitled to be upset just as much as you're to pop a boner tongue.gif

• Like 2
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.....Gonna get 2 inch ones made, hopefully they will fit the 15x8's i plan on running. Other than that im ordering ground control front coilovers, shorter adjustable front inserts, techno toy tuning rear coilovers, tc rods, and lca's and s13 camberplates. Also planning on slotting the rear crossmember to hopefully get rid of some of the camber in the rear.

How are you planning on runing 15x8 while being slammed and with no camber?? cus im planning on running 15x8 with camber and by cutting the rear fender lips and im still guna have to raise my car around 1in and with a stretch out tyre.

I raised my LCA pivots 1". Same with the T/C rod pivots. Raising the T/C rod pivots does make running a normal sway bar not possible, but I have been experimenting with running really high spring rates to give a similar roll stiffness as one would get with lower spring rates and a sway bar. For a really low car, it works out because you have to run high spring rates anyway.

And yo Indy, I don't know what you are talking about when you say that you have to run dropped steering arms when you raise the LCA pivot. I have seen quite a few cars with raised LCA's and stock steering arms. Hell, the early cars had higher LCA pivots from the factory, and they certainly didn't have modified steering arms.

its pretty much fallin apart from being my daily for 3 years... i havent put a dime into it for that 3 years either... other than things to keep it legal... lol it needs a break..

well nows a good time to start!!

control%20arm%20pivots.JPG

My LCA's were raised 1 inch by Troy Ermish .... he only does 1/2" for street cars .... because you kinda need flares to use the 1 inch dropped steering arms

Troy sells 1/2" and 1 inch modified steering arms ,,, ,, but it "lowers" the outer tie rod end into the inner sidewall of the tire (so spacers and flares are needed)

There are SO many problems/expensive parts needed: adjustable LCA's,,, steering arms/spherical tie-rod ends,,, adjustable T/C rods need to be raised into the sway bar

^^ you can see how the steering arms are bent down 1 inch ...... .. . it makes it really hard to run small wheels without flares..... 1/2" might be all you can get away with on your 510

..... and then the T/C rods wouldn't need to be raised as much ,,, ,,, and you might be able to fit a sway bar above the T/C rods

damn dude, that makes me wanna raise my 510 and use it for what there good at.. handling! hmmm.. but i think for right now ill leave my lca's where there at. and oh ya, i dont even have a sway bar at the moment but plan an just running a stock one. i just daily this, its not an auto x or racecar by any means but its loads of fun to drive. just wanna make it more comfortable/reliable. thanks for the info tho dude!

Yeah because doing over 100mph on I5 with a stress fatigued tie-rod is the same as a kid sledding in my yard.....

I'm entitled to be upset just as much as you're to pop a boner

who are you to tell me not to drive my car? your not god, your a no body to me. and its not like i need to explain my self to you but i will for shits and giggles... i dont usually go over 60 on the freeway due to having to stay in the lanes that merge because i cant change lanes with out taking out turtles, but that night it was a little cold out and my car was loving it and for some reason wanted to haul ass so i gave it some gas. first time ever getting my car up in high speeds like that. with that being said, my car is as safe as any other 41 year old 510 that was pulled out a back yard after sitting for 10 years and made into a daily. fact of the matter is, my car is actually very stable and reliable now, but back in the day i had a lot of problems that had to be worked out, like every one elses project. the only outcome of danger due to my car is flying road turtles and sparks. clearly ive already stated im not putting it back on the road without the suspension parts and bumpsteer spacers..

now get the fuck out.

How are you planning on runing 15x8 while being slammed and with no camber?? cus im planning on running 15x8 with camber and by cutting the rear fender lips and im still guna have to raise my car around 1in and with a stretch out tyre.

14x7-15 and 15x8 0 offset have pretty similar size lips, so the only width im adding is backspacing, and ill be running 165/50/15 which is similar in diameter to my 165/55/14's. it should clear just fine. but i will have to run some camber=\ but during summer theres gonna be times when me and friends go down to some back roads in seattle and let the 510's open up, thats when ill raise it up for the day and adjust the camber. main reason.. well, the only reason why im going with coilovers in front. other than that i really like how the front rides as of right now.

I raised my LCA pivots 1". Same with the T/C rod pivots. Raising the T/C rod pivots does make running a normal sway bar not possible, but I have been experimenting with running really high spring rates to give a similar roll stiffness as one would get with lower spring rates and a sway bar. For a really low car, it works out because you have to run high spring rates anyway.

And yo Indy, I don't know what you are talking about when you say that you have to run dropped steering arms when you raise the LCA pivot. I have seen quite a few cars with raised LCA's and stock steering arms. Hell, the early cars had higher LCA pivots from the factory, and they certainly didn't have modified steering arms.

duke, what spring rate are you running? ive been trying to come up with a decent stiff rate so i can order my coilovers.

thanks for the help guys..

other than that one guy who thinks he's god

What about the possibility of running spherical rod ends as well? With the other mods you plan to to,(rca's?) article in old scc mag that help explain it a bit better when a reader was trying to better his steering geometry on his lowered car that had no source or ready available parts.

What about the possibility of running spherical rod ends as well? With the other mods you plan to to,(rca's?) article in old scc mag that help explain it a bit better when a reader was trying to better his steering geometry on his lowered car that had no source or ready available parts.

you would happen to know where i could find that article would you?

i think im gonna run between 250-300lbs springs in the front (little on the stiff side because i dont have a sway bar yet) and 250lbs in the rear. should be stiff enough

My T3/eibach coilovers came with 200lb front springs which I found to be a bit soft (but I'm running an FJ20 which is a bit heavier), I've just put a pair of 250lb's in there to stiffen it up a bit, haven't tested it out yet though. Since you're running so low and you want to keep it from dipping, 300lb's might be a bit stiff to ride in but it should help your cause.

i think im gonna run between 250-300lbs springs in the front (little on the stiff side because i dont have a sway bar yet) and 250lbs in the rear. should be stiff enough

I would say that is a bit soft. I am running a little higher than 300# in the rear and what I think is 400# in the front (they were some springs I had laying around, not exactly sure of the rate, but using a spring rate calculator, that is what I got). Especially with the weight of the KA, I would recommend at least 300# front and rear. Also, I bet if you go with t3 rear coilovers, you won't be able to get the car as low as it is right now without bottoming out the shock. I would look into using a much shorter bodied shock than what they offer.

i talked to a few guys on the phone from t3 and they all said 300 was way too high. i explained to them the rear diff was 1/2 inch off the ground and the front crossmember was an inch but he assured me that 225 in the rear would be perfect and that it would go as low as i needed with out bottoming out the shocks so i hope it works out fine. i feel like they might be too soft but we will see i guess

well, called and switched the rear spring rates to 250lbs in the rear, should be stiff enough, yet not back breaking. Might have to raise the rear a 1/2 inch or so but thats fine since i like a little rake.Front will come down lower tho. Have a big todo list to complete before i can drive my 510 again... I miss my 510=[

I have 325 in the front i think its a little too stiff, i run 225 in the rear and it feels perfect, I will be switching my fronts to 225

ya 325 sounds a little stiff, probably go between 275-300 in front. that means it would take some where around a 1000 lbs load on the car to make it drop an inch. Thanks for your input man

• 1 month later...

Your car shouldn't be on the roads. You brag about life threatening failures that could get someone killed?

I understand you like the stance but you need to take responsibility and make the car safe before risking the life of people around you!

Hater... :poke: lol... If we are really worried about safety we wouldn't be in love with 40 year old cars, much less Ratsun style rides, I LOVE THIS CAR!!! If safety was our issue, we'd all be driving these new plastic cars that surround us with air bag condoms. I'd drive the wheels off this car.

Just curious, I know your slammed, but just how close to the ground are you, front and rear? :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 1