Remember Meeeee????

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Darrin the car looks so fucking sick but... this isnt practical, pretty sure he didnt spend the time to fix any of the suspension geometry he said he cant go over any speedbumps and it takes off city tittys when changing lanes its all cool but this isnt a perfect world with perfect roads... it just beats the shit out of a car when its that low and nothing has been fixed within the suspension it cant have much travel so yes riding around on bump stops just doesnt seem practical id much rather have a bit of suspension travel and a firm planted feeling 510 than something that just looks cool...and it does look cool :cool:

my .02 cents

Clayton

Dude your car looks so good in that pic! I'm making mine sit the same way as your front end looks but all the way around but on 15's. In other words without the cambered out rear. How wide are you wheels? did you use spacers? I'm gonna stretch too. I noticed the lip on the inside of the fender too that I'm gonna cut off

I agree with Darrin the car looks so fucking sick but... this isnt practical, pretty sure he didnt spend the time to fix any of the suspension geometry he said he cant go over any speedbumps and it takes off city tittys when changing lanes its all cool but this isnt a perfect world with perfect roads... it just beats the shit out of a car when its that low and nothing has been fixed within the suspension it cant have much travel so yes riding around on bump stops just doesnt seem practical id much rather have a bit of suspension travel and a firm planted feeling 510 than something that just looks cool...and it does look cool :cool:

my .02 cents

Clayton

it actually rides pretty nice. i have plenty of travel (well, as much a car this low will have)and it doesnt bounce like most lowered cars that just take the springs out. frank did a great job when he cut the struts and moved the spring perches down. they are just high enough to run the tire/wheel set up i wanted. sometimes i do wish i could get on the ka with out laying the diff on the ground everytime but the way i figure, i have 11 tickets from 2010 and a pending reckless driving ticket for doing drift donuts behind a circuit city, i shouldnt be getting on it anyways. it doesnt scrape nearly as much as people think as it sits right now. for example, i drove from north everett to lake stevens over the tressel and didnt scrape once. being this low takes a beating on the exhaust, crossmember, diff, floor pans.. pretty much anything under it, but theres not much that cant be fixed. and hainz, i have a non-welded r180 im throwin in it as soon as i find the time and energy lol. i understand alot of people dont like cars that have less than an inch of ground clearance, which is fine. but then theres people who do like it, so i post pics for them!!

PA150278.jpg

PA150255.jpg

PA150251.jpg

PA150239.jpg

IMG_20110113_160222.jpg

IMG_20110113_154754.jpg

IMG_20110113_153538.jpg

IMG_20110113_151535.jpg

Dude your car looks so good in that pic! I'm making mine sit the same way as your front end looks but all the way around but on 15's. In other words without the cambered out rear. How wide are you wheels? did you use spacers? I'm gonna stretch too. I noticed the lip on the inside of the fender too that I'm gonna cut off

i have 14x7 -12 with 5mm spacers wrapped in 165/55/14

the rear lip is a bitch, trust me.

next set of wheels im lookin at are gonna be 15x8s

coming soon.. ;)

Definitely cool looking but he couldnt even drive anywhere in my neighborhood. Id be really scared to ride in this thing through seattle, with the big hills and big potholes.

i drive in seattle all the time, its not that bad. drove it to the seahawks game couple weekends ago=]

just have to pick which potholes i know i can crawl over and which ones will eat my car. the reason why i have the welded diff's because i used to get stuck on speedbumps and hills with the stock diff, i dont get stuck with both wheels spinnin. i hate welded diffs tho :angry:

I'm willing to bet your having traction issues because you only have a mountain bikes tire width of rubber touching the road in the back. try slotting the rear cross member to pull some of your extreme camber out and an open diff might work better. I dig your look though, it take a lot of nuts to push the limits like that. I think some of us old men have forgotten what its like to be 19 and not feel any pain. You may consider skid plates under some of your more vital parts as well (man hole rings don't give).

why i have the welded diff's because i used to get stuck on speedbumps and hills with the stock diff, i dont get stuck with both wheels spinnin. i hate welded diffs tho

Why didnt you say so!!!!!!!!!! be cool if they had a like a Eaton Locker for R160s and R180s matter of fact for everything. Under 20mph one wheel spins it rachets the other wheel IN.

Looks Gangsta to me ass Icehouse Says.

Camber looks cool plus do better burn outs in front of the Honda guys. They dont think about how Ez it is to burn out since YOU are only using half the tire.But you can always buy cambered tires if you need more traction

http://cambertire.com/

This car is a Ratsun but I bet you get alot of thumbs up and looks

why i have the welded diff's because i used to get stuck on speedbumps and hills with the stock diff, i dont get stuck with both wheels spinnin. i hate welded diffs tho

Why didnt you say so!!!!!!!!!! be cool if they had a like a Eaton Locker for R160s and R180s matter of fact for everything. Under 20mph one wheel spins it rachets the other wheel IN.

Looks Gangsta to me ass Icehouse Says.

Camber looks cool plus do better burn outs in front of the Honda guys. They dont think about how Ez it is to burn out since YOU are only using half the tire.But you can always buy cambered tires if you need more traction

http://cambertire.com/

This car is a Ratsun but I bet you get alot of thumbs up and looks

it really does have like 2 inches of tire on the ground which sucks. i was thinking of slotting my cross member, first for more negatived camber, but now that i live on my own i realize that replacing tires every other month gets spendy. is there a safer way to get rid of the camber? this kid i know has a 510 with a slotted rear cross member and he blames his rear tire wobble on it. not sure if this is why his tire looks like its gonna hit my car when i ride behind him on the freeway or not but i dont wanna take the chance. and thanks hainz, didnt know they even made those tires! "The Dat-side", no problem man!