My daughter's 510 sedan

So we have a 4-door dime to get running for my daughter Ashlynn..

Guy I got it from said it has some kind of long-extinct auto tranny. First time I've ever seen a column-shift 510.

Have I just not seen many 510's, or is this weird?

1107092114.jpg

it came with some sweet Enkei gold spokes on it!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All auto were column shift until June '71 and floor shift after that. This would indicate the three styles of Borg Warner autos were all column shift. The Nissan 3N71B auto was introduced in March '71 so this would indicate that all floor shift auto cars were equipped with 3N71Bs.... so if you want rare find a column shift 3N71B made for only 2 months!

What year is your new car?

I have a column shift 4 door. Not sure which are harder to come by (column or floor shift).

Nice car btw.

ok good. I thought I had a freak and would have to convert to manual(still possible). It would be great if I didn't have to do a motor or tranny swap to get her going.

yeah it's pretty straight but has some trunk rust. It was an Oregon car.

I heard the column shift trannies were Borg Warner.. anybody able to confirm that?

well what do ya know antoher straight ass datto from the west, you guys suck!!!! dud i woudl give anything to see some young chick rollin a 510 around here!!!!!

haha. yeah the West is definitely Datsun-spoiled. I'm not hugging the coast like most but close enough to see a few here and there

I agree with Hainz, I gave my daughter a 74 710 and she hit a BIG yellow school bus in the rear. How in the heck can anyone miss a BIG yellow bus. :confused:

buy your daughter a pinto or Hondoe and see how she does.

Fix the dime up while she drives whatever you get her and if she does good, give her the dime.

510s should NOT be a girls first car.or young girls car

Every girl I know wiped out there car with in 2 years.

:rofl:

:thumbup:

my ex has wrecked EVERY car she (or I) has owned!!!

i did buy my g00n from the 2nd owner, whos daughter had been driving it as her first car, in HS.

510s should NOT be a girls first car.or young girls car

Every girl I know wiped out there car with in 2 years.But it your car .Do it what you wish.

Find a really beat one for here to start out on. that one is pretty straightHopefully her frieds will make fun of her and shell get/want a newer car and youll take this one over

HAHAHA!

you guys are hilarious! However, I totally see your point. I will make sure they treat them well. They know how particular I am. They will be helping me do all the work on them and paying for everything. That will also help with their care for the dattos.

I agree with Hainz, I gave my daughter a 74 710 and she hit a BIG yellow school bus in the rear. How in the heck can anyone miss a BIG yellow bus. :confused:

buy your daughter a pinto or Hondoe and see how she does.

Fix the dime up while she drives whatever you get her and if she does good, give her the dime.

that sucks! haha.

yeah they'll be driving the Suburban and other of our vehicles until we get the datsuns running, so they will have SOME driving experience before hand.

it's all in the driver training you give your children. a license is a piece of paper that says you have the minimum skills to legally drive on the interstates. it doesn't mean you are a skilled driver. i'm all for giving her a 510 for a first car, she's going to be the coolest chick at school. If her driving skill is in question, then just give her more training.

it's all in the driver training you give your children. a license is a piece of paper that says you have the minimum skills to legally drive on the interstates. it doesn't mean you are a skilled driver. i'm all for giving her a 510 for a first car, she's going to be the coolest chick at school. If her driving skill is in question, then just give her more training.

amen

I think it's great it's her first car, looks like you have a plan to get her to really care for the car. BUT, just think, she going to be hit on by high school versions of all of us Ratsuners. That's a horrible way to treat your daughter. ;)

HAHA!

don't worry, ratheads like us are very scarce in southern Idaho :D

It`s not necessarily a girl thing i wouldn`t trust my son (whos been able to drive cars up onto trailers since since 11 years old) to never get in wreck..BUT back on topic..me and my brother have three 510s and they are all column shift borg warner, dont know model # so they aren`t real rare,,,switched one to 4 speed <then to 5 speed>using bent pedals and hydraulics out of 521and trans out of 510 with just offset plate.

I heard the column shift trannies were Borg Warner.. anybody able to confirm that?

..me and my brother have three 510s and they are all column shift borg warner, dont know model # so they aren`t real rare,,,

It's all in my post...

All auto were column shift until June '71 and floor shift after that. This would indicate the three styles of Borg Warner autos were all column shift. The Nissan 3N71B auto was introduced in March '71 so this would indicate that all floor shift auto cars were equipped with 3N71Bs.... so if you want rare find a column shift 3N71B made for only 2 months!

What year is your new car?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...