Runabout 620

Farmer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that a '77. Here's why. It has the wrong grill, could have been changed but it also has an external voltage regulator and a points distributor. This adds up to a '77. Not earlier because it's badged with a deluxe emblem available in '77. If a '78 it would have disc brakes on the front. You can look but I bet they are drum on the front.

Larry, it doesn't change the fact that you got a super deal on a great looking 620.

The date stamp says 5/76, title says '76 but I know its considered a '77 release. KingCabs were only for 77-79, 78-79 for disc brakes. I did notice somethings look out of place. Theres no overflow bottle wires leeding to nowhere.

Things that need to be fix.

New window rubber all around, Carb, over heating, seatbelts replace, blinker control replace(cant remember techno name)brakes bled and a few other stuff.

Thanks for the comments

Larry

Nice find, mine had a gun rack to. Makes you wander how tough you can look in a 620 with a gun rack :P

MINE???!!! Dude, I have totally been wanting a gun rack in it! Why do I not have a gun rack??? I was gonna say something about how awesome HIS gun rack is.... It is freakin sweet! I need a place to mount this in one of my Datsuns.

jermphone082.jpg

my other project.

Oh yeah, Sweet truck! has to be the toughest looking butterfly I've ever seen... and you CAN look extremely tough in a Datsun with a gun rack. Especially if it has badass butterflies on each side.

• Like 1

MINE???!!! Dude, I have totally been wanting a gun rack in it! Why do I not have a gun rack??? I was gonna say something about how awesome HIS gun rack is.... It is freakin sweet! I need a place to mount this in one of my Datsuns.

jermphone082.jpg

my other project.

Oh yeah, Sweet truck! has to be the toughest looking butterfly I've ever seen... and you CAN look extremely tough in a Datsun with a gun rack. Especially if it has badass butterflies on each side.

Plastic Mags ? If so how do they feed ?

Just think, you could take that bumper off, turn it in for scrap and get all your money back :rofl:

Looks cool, all of my little mini trucks have had a gun rack in them. I hate it when they do that only for the reason of putting holes in the cab. Creates a point for it to start rusting. Good deal tho!

the mag pul mags feed well, im not sure about the other mags out there but i like the magpul because they wont scratch your shit up, i got 5 for free plus one when i bought my smith a few months ago, the smith and wesson moe is a good deal, i just wish it was .308 though, something baout shotting a .22 just gets wussy after awhile.

I have 2 '76 KC 620s (one is a parts shell at this point). Titled as '76, and the emissions compliance sticker states 1976 model year. There are very few differences in '76-77 model year trucks, though. One difference is that a '76 has the emissions compliance sticker in the door frame or sometimes on the cowl, whereas a '77 has it on the underside of the hood. Also '76's had no water overflow bottle (expansion tank), whereas '77s do. There's no bracket for it on the true '76s, and the blow off line for the cap just runs down the side of the radiator and vents to the street. There are also some minor wiring differences (what kind of plugs were used at the steering column, for instance).

Love those rims.... Had the exact same ones on my first Datsun.

And yes, Magpul is the shit. Pmags practically never fail. Beat the hell outta the USGI ones. Can't wait to put my Magpul stickers accross from my Ratsun stickers on my trucks.. Just gotta get some Ratsun stickers, and my trucks running right.

Decided to install my built L20b into this truck. I need to break it in and this is a good way to do it. SO I went ahead tonight and got most of it disconnected. just have unbolt tranny and exhaust. Then out it comes

Larry

Decided to install my built L20b into this truck. I need to break it in and this is a good way to do it. SO I went ahead tonight and got most of it disconnected. just have unbolt tranny and exhaust. Then out it comes

Larry

Gun rack and a CB radio. You just might be a red neck :lol:

Heres some progress on engine swap. Took 2 days with no help. On with the pictures

Ready to be unbolted from tranny and mounts

p_027.jpg

p_028.jpg

Flying high...

p_029.jpg

Cleaned up the engine bay for new heart

p_030.jpg

Preping for installation. Changed out alternator and distributer with original of'76 Truck

p_031.jpg

Centerforce clutch stage one or two. Cant remember, its been a few years

Old engine in background. Sad :crying:

p_032.jpg

Final descent

p_033.jpg

In its new home for awhile.

p_034.jpg

p_035.jpg

Have to reconnect everything.

Figure out an air filter setup.

Figure out throttle cable and choke cables.

have exhaust shop connect pipes.Make sure hoses are connected properly. Etc...

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Getting closer to finishing. I got my choke cable figured out with mounting and route

Just got to get longer throttle cable, Find my gasket for the L16 exhaust, put higher octane gas in, find or make air filters. Heres some more pics

p_036.jpg

p_037.jpg

p_038.jpg

p_039.jpg

Larry