Runabout 620

Farmer

Decided to install my built L20b into this truck. I need to break it in and this is a good way to do it. SO I went ahead tonight and got most of it disconnected. just have unbolt tranny and exhaust. Then out it comes

Larry

Larry, You lucky dog! I just found this thread, better shape than mine was, and $100 less, but no new posts or pics? :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally, a decent running 620. Third Carb the charm. Just broke down and bought a New Weber 32/36 off ebay. Should of done that one carb ago. But oh well, its only money....right!! Dont know when the next video clips going to be. Have to be out of my house in 8 days.

Heres some pics:

p_026.jpg

p_027.jpg

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a new video clip from my android phone. Sound may not be the best. New carb with the new exhaust. Going to be having it dialed in on Monday. And yes, Im having someone do it for me. Dont have the correct tools or the space anymore since I had to move.

Enjoy

Larry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vu5xOuJqE8

Thats probably the cheapy thrush muffler. Complete exhaust was 203.00

Found the problem with alt. Blown fuse. imagine that,lol.

Just going to drive it. But need to replace front brakes. Determining if I want to upgrade to disc or just replace with stock.

Larry

• 6 months later...

Took the built motor out, going to put the stock one back in except going to run weber,L16 mani. That way I can utilize the newer exhaust setup. And of course while I was removing the engine, i didnt clear the clutch and destroyed the centerforce pressure plate. Expensive mistake. On with the pics.

Larry

p_047.jpg

p_048.jpg

p_049.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Getting the stock Engine back in there. Got it all cleaned up. It was pretty dirty with grime and oil. Previous owner(s)loved not using paper gaskets, LOL.

Found another pilot release bearing sleeve from original tranny. DUH!

And added a pic of the slighly used engine ( about 500 miles).

p_051.jpg

p_052.jpg

And I Love my cheap cherry picker. Folds up and away. Couldnt of done it with out it.

p_053.jpg

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

they will no longer match up because the gear spins around once long before the bright link goes around once. if there are lets just say 150 links (im sure im totally off ) in the chain, and 35 on the sprocket, than the cam gear will turn one tim and the chain will only move 35 links away. eventually the bright link will come back to its original position but as for it not lining up now, thats fine, it is only used when building the engine and doesnt matter after that.

Thanks,

That's what I figured he was talking about. I understand about gearing part of it, but just seems it should stay where you put it. I've built my quad engine with twin cams many times. Where you put the timing, it stays there. But ill take your guy's word.

Larry

just think about a bicycle gear ratio with a 1:3 ratio, you turn the pedals one time and the wheel spins three. you set the master link in a specific place. after one turn of the pedals the link will move, after two, the link will move even more, and after three, it will be back in the same spot. but two out of the three times it will be moved.

Started to look around inside and notice bits a pieces of chain guide. So I decided to do a timing chain replacedment and to replace most of the gaskets. PO used lots of rubber sealent. Getting my order ready through Rock auto. Also getting brake setups for my 73 620.

Larry