ART- Datsun 411 RATROD

Oh man I stayed up way to late doing this, but I couldn't help it. I have been wanting to draw a Datsun for months now.

I thought about doing a 521, my personal love, but then I've seen alot of cool real ones. But you don't see many done up 411's, so here is my Ratsun Wagon!

If only I could build it for real...

I made sure to put ratsun.net on there in case the image gets around. All hail RATSUN!

411RatFinishFLAT-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock on guys, THANKS!

Daniel- PLEASE!!! I'd love a 411. Not only are they neat on the outside, they have one of the coolest and most original dash's Datsun ever deigned.

Bluemeanie- TOTALLY! In fact my inspiration came from seeing a totallly sweet lowered ratted surffed VW squareback on ebay last year. That car stuck with me, and I wanted to try it on a Dat!

Ice- Dude i totally should have bought that one near me a few months ago... the '59 would be a great candidate for my next drawing. I'd say it is one of my top 3 choices at the moment.

Kiz- Thanks man!

Mklotz- thanks! i knew it needed something on that front end. I tried fog lights, but nah... then it hit me PUKE TANK! Thinking about one for my 521 as a result. I also didn't know if the air dam would work under that bumper, but tried it and thought it added some needed agression to the look. This ain't grannies 411!

Jason-I would have loved to do i tall by hand! Alas I was really being neglectiful of my real jobs to even do this, so I used the wacom stylus pen and my good ole Mac! So I still had to draw it, lay perspective lines, etc., but never had to touch a real pencil or paint.

That is BAD ASS. I wish I had kept my 411 now. I sold it so I could do my 510 Datrod wagon.

It'd be awesome if someone made this wagon a reality! Who has one?

The tank on the front originally was a tank for a gal or two of racing fuel. They would drive their daily driver to the track and then switch to the good gas for the runs. These days, they seem to be used more as overflow tanks.....puke tanks :)

You know, I wondered what they were Mklotz. The early ones seemed too big to be puketanks. This makes total sense. After you drove all the way to the salt flats to race your rod in tthe 60's and burned your fuel, there wouldn't have been any gas stations to get you home!

Please do it Datrod! The nice thing about the ratty look is it don't cost alot of money but looks soo damn good! Were you thiniking about getting out of 510's and sticking with Z's? Or trade it with the guy to get your 411 back!

Or 'gasp' get a 411 SSS! Those things were ratsun from the factory. The only way they could fit the motor in was to run the exaust through the wheel well. If that isn't a ratsun move, I don't know what is!

No problem LeDevil. Have at it.:D

And guys, feel free to spread this anywhere you want. Most of my art is done for other companies, but this, this was done for the love of the Dat!:D:D

Holy awesomeness... I was planning on doing a rat 521, but I didn't actually realize how cool it could look.

You know it Fil! If we just erase the the back of this wagon, it should give us a pretty good idea. At least of what a 520 would look like. Course the bed will step up a tad on the underside. And the gap between the cab and the bed.

I riffed on an old mercury for the visor, which would of course prolly be too big for our application.

There was a show on a while ago... "Hard Shine" or something like that. Anyways, there was a visor on one of the vehicles featured in it that I thought looked great, so I've got an idea for one... I like how that one seems to be adjustable though...

The gap between the bed and the cab isn't an issue, but the mis-matched rockers are perfect for me... I'm hoping to dump my exhaust right in front of the rear wheel, so a nice chrome pipe and muffler would look perfect in that space... ^_^

Now... I wonder if I could find a swamp cooler and make it fit...

Now... I wonder if I could find a swamp cooler and make it fit...

Funny Fil! I was just test fitting my e-bay stainless steel puke tank on my bumper today. I think it will fit.

I think that is so bitchin!I have always loved the 411 wagon because I also have a love for the VW square back.Also the notch back VW is similar to the 411 sedan.I dont much love the fender scoop and headlights like the 520 but its a wagon and that is a killer picture!Cant wait for the 521.I want to frame it.

Jeff, why does the 59 look like it's been around the dirt track a few times? :D

I don't really know the history of the car. It came with no drive train and those dumb wheels. It has skinny wheels up front that make it look even dumber!!

Ice- Dude i totally should have bought that one near me a few months ago... the '59 would be a great candidate for my next drawing. I'd say it is one of my top 3 choices at the moment.

I like my odds :D

Who wants to find a 411, and give it to this guy so he can make this in real life!

Actually, quite a few 410/411's from projects to runners have showed up recently. If you're serious..... :D

That's the first 411 I've actually liked! I think it's cause you broke up the lines on the front end with the race tank. I'm not a fan of the 520/411 front ends.

Neither is my wife. She calls it "that blue POS" and wonders why I didn't get a 510 wagon. Well, for starters, the POS was free! :thumbsup:

I was gonna do a Rising Sun hood. May go with your idea instead of the standard Bleach design.

Oooh! I wish it was big enough to be a wallpaper :D

tdaaj wants it on a T-shirt :P

What you mean? It's my new computer wallpaper! A T-shirt would be bitchin'....bet we could sell a bunch at Canby.

Hey, Ice. It kinda reminds me of Vince's old wagon, hehehehehe.