wat is the easyest way to lower a 620

Dat1977

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well there's 2 ways to do it. you can reindex the front torsion bars and put 2 or 3" lowering blocks in the rear or get 500 lbs of horse manure in the bed, it's ur choice.

IMG_2038.jpg

I tried the BS method but nobody would ride with me so I would do the first suggestion.

• Like 2

Oh nice thanks guys! I dont have any pics yet. U guys i got it for free! It was parked on some ladys driveway full of junk in the bed. I stopped and asked her if the truck ran and she said it does but not very good, i told her ive always wanted one and she asked me if i wanted it and i asked her how much and she said i could have it lol

Guest DatsuNoob

well there's 2 ways to do it. you can reindex the front torsion bars and put 2 or 3" lowering blocks in the rear or get 500 lbs of horse manure in the bed, it's ur choice.

IMG_2038.jpg

I tried the BS method but nobody would ride with me so I would do the first suggestion.

Damn! That's a whoooole lotta shit!

Do you REALLY want to know the answer to that?

opps, that was a loaded question, I should have worded that a little differant. :blush:

Drop? Drop height? I dunnow maybe 3-4". I got splashback so maybe more.

not how far the load drop, how much did it lower/drop the car ah :poop: to late to change, splashback kinda reminds me of a bidet toilet would do.... :rofl:

I wanna lower my 620 but im not sure wats the easiest way to do it can someone help please

the easiest way to do it (what i'm doing as well) is to get blocks for the back, re-index your torsion bars, and get smaller tires (around 23in).

the one thing many people do is take out a leaf from the pack, DO NOT DO THIS, it makes the suspension really soft and with the truck being lower, you're going to bottom out. i know somone who did this and ripped a chunk outta his exhaust and punched a hole in his oil pan, bad idea. 3 in blocks make the truck sit alright, but 4in makes it a lot cooler looking, you might have to shave/remove your bump stops as well, which isn't too good of an idea either, but it's not going to destroy your truck.

hope this helped, and good luck with your truck!

p.s. Ratsuners' are notorious picture whores, it's best to just get some pics up and get them off your case, ha.

I wanna lower my 620 but im not sure wats the easiest way to do it can someone help please

about half way down on this thread page it talks about how to lower ur Datsun trk.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/2105-datsun-faq-frequently-asked-questions-look-here-first/page__p__30483__hl__indexing__fromsearch__1#entry30483

or

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/24073-torion-bar-reindexing/page__p__342493__hl__reindexing__fromsearch__1#entry342493

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Simply turning down the torsion bars (without reindexing them) gets you about 3" in front, but you lose an inch or so when you lower the back to match (due to the center of gravity changing). I know when I simply cranked down the torsion bar adjusters I actually got it bottoming out in front going over speed bumps. In fact I ended up eventually bending one of the A-arms from hitting the bump stop every day. I didn't lower the rear at all because I wanted load carrying capacity (I routinely carry 500# in the bed, and sometimes over 1000#. It's a truck, I USE it). I'm not sure I'll lower the current one at all, or maybe just a little in front.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a Nissan Harbody 3" lowering block kit (for the rear) and just lowered the front by adjusting the torsion bar bolts as low as i could get them! Im alright with the way it sits now but i think once i put my new wheels/tires on im going to want to go a little lower. I thought about taking a leaf out of the back because the front is about where i want it. I want the truck to sit level not lean forward ass up like a muscle car... so the back needs another inch or so... i didnt know they made 4 inch blocks!? thats crazy. Im thinking just taking one leaf out to lower it about another inch and i think itll be fine. Also i recommend getting shorted bump stops as opposed to just removing the blocks!

They do make 4in blocks, but they're hard to find. You'd be better off making them yourself out of aluminum blocks. And takin' a leaf out is risky business, even if you don't plan on carrying a load, it still makes the rear soft and not too safe... But you can if you want to! And yes, cutting the bumps is the best idea, behind C notching the frame. Removing them makes it possible for the rear-end to smack into the frame, and could cause some serious damage to both.

And if you do decide to get any bigger blocks, make sure they're angled to make-up for the drop.

They do make 4in blocks, but they're hard to find. You'd be better off making them yourself out of aluminum blocks. And takin' a leaf out is risky business, even if you don't plan on carrying a load, it still makes the rear soft and not too safe... But you can if you want to! And yes, cutting the bumps is the best idea, behind C notching the frame. Removing them makes it possible for the rear-end to smack into the frame, and could cause some serious damage to both.

And if you do decide to get any bigger blocks, make sure they're angled to make-up for the drop.

you still think taking out just one leaf will make it too soft? like bouncy? or what? why do you say its "unsafe"?