68 2 door 510 (talk about rare)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice I have driven a few cars with burns mufflers and the sound great but just wait the packing material starts to break down and they get louder we run a Burns on the Ford focus midget that my best friend Mike runs for K&N air filters and the have to drill out the rivets and repack it about twice a season but in my opinion they are well worth the money

• 6 months later...

So its been a while since I've posted any updates on my rig.... Well so far I have went through a rear set of tires, some of it due to miss alignment and some due to 200whp :D I've bought a new turbo a while back with some 550cc injectors, and before that I bought MegaSquirt. Basically I could have close to 300whp if I installed all my goodies :D I took it apart about a month or more ago for the new rear end, R180LSD (R160's are week!!), T28, 550cc injectors, MS and a few other little items. As normal nothing goes as planned and everything takes 10x's long than it should so my car is still broke!!! I've been researching MS so much just to figure out how the hell to hook it up!! Very cool system but way to much to learn :D I've had help from a few people. Paul at work helped me with the DRO on the mill, I'm alright at machining little things but a DP15 connector isn't so easy! Paul is a welder at work, but he can do everything!! Machine, design and build anything out of metal!! He's also a single father of 3. Great guy.

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

We added the extra connector so I can run my coil packs without using a waisted spark system

IMG_0441.JPG

Naz soldered the board together for me :D Some things are just better left to the pros :D I was there learning as much as I could :D

IMG_0440.JPG

This is a better pic :D

Rob510 supplied me with the extra driver board that he designed and sold me for a really really good deal :D Hes also helped me tons along the way with the MS stuff, He really knows his shit! I don't have any pics of him to post though.... Some day if I get my passport I will have to go visit him, maybe even give him a big hug for all his help haha :D

I will keep the pictures coming!!

ill trade you for that next time...i can do electrical but can barely fix a panel hole.

keep it rollin' :cool:

I can do electrical fine, its the programming and curcuit stuff that gets me... With time I should get it though :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah thieves jacked my turbo and ECU so it will be a while before I can get her back on the road :( Since I'm starting from scratch in the turbo department I'm thinking about going with a Holset turbo since the cost is low and they support tons of boost :D I'm also working on a new rack and pinion setup, mainly so I can get my car a little lower and not worry as much about my pan.

If only I could get a dollar from ever member I would have enough to buy everything again. I did try that a few years ago and got about 13 bucks :D HHHMMM I bet there is a way to send out a mass PM... haha :D

Yeah thieves jacked my turbo and ECU so it will be a while before I can get her back on the road :( Since I'm starting from scratch in the turbo department I'm thinking about going with a Holset turbo since the cost is low and they support tons of boost :D I'm also working on a new rack and pinion setup, mainly so I can get my car a little lower and not worry as much about my pan.

If only I could get a dollar from ever member I would have enough to buy everything again. I did try that a few years ago and got about 13 bucks :D HHHMMM I bet there is a way to send out a mass PM... haha :D

I would be willing to send a few dollars...:D

paypal sent!

Thanks buddy :D I'm that much closer :D I going to look through my parts stack, hopefully I can raise enough money to get a new MS box :D What did you ever do with yours?

If anyone else wants to donate my Paypal is DatsunLB110@hotmail.com :D

• 3 months later...

HAHA Nillon I stole your spot :D

IMG_0767.JPG

The plan... Get it running by Canby..... time will tell :D

My man objective

Have a lower dime than Duke

I wanted to rebuild my rack conversion ever since I built it, the time has finally come. If it requires making a bump in the hood to be lower than Duke so be it :D I want to try and raise the crossmember, at least 1.5" I don't really care what I have to cut to get it there either. Shit some old guy could pull out of a parking lot and smack your perfect dime destroying it. Instead I would like to be the one to destroy it :D

I have a month off from school and almost 2 week paid vacation from work :D :D I hope to make some real progress!!! Time will tell.

That would be cool :D I hope to make some serious headway on everything in the next month!!!! After riding in Dillon's SR car I need mine running bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D EFI + turbo is SO nice :D

HAHAHAHA, it's on Jeff. This means that I will have to get my super short struts done by Canby and get new springs for the rear.

If you are raising the x-member then you will most likely win, but I will try and put up a good fight.

But dude, that post seriously made me laugh.