Sick's 620s Topless Soap Droppin NUTS Draggin 620

sick620

You should rotate the 2 covers O\ ||||||||| / O 

:D

for that angry look :)

Im kinda afraid to bring my truck to canby because it dosnt look as good in person as in photos.... Its one if those ugly girls you meet online and say "wow shes sexy" then you take her out but have to take a fake phone call from your fake dying mother to get out of the situation... lol

I got insurance on this turd today, $16 a month.... swag :p

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been working on a new front lip. And I got some hardware today to french my clearence lights... I think.... I also worked on brakes a little bit but Im still having issues... Maybe a bad booster, have you ever heard of a warped drum? Is that possible? 

946330_10200392394671561_503043090_n.jpg

970923_10200392394951568_236291787_n.jpg

I don't think it costs much to have your drums turned on a brake lathe, if you pull them and take them in. Even a good tire store like Les Schwab should be able to do them. It looks like there is a Les Schwab in Ephrata. Might even be a shop in Soap Lake with a brake lathe. I haven't been through there in a few years. You might try doing just the fronts first, and see if that solves the problem.

Unless the drums are worn down too much, then they can't be turned more. It might be worth checking around for price/availability of new drums. Probably too much $$$, but might save you some time, since Canby isn't so far away now.

Converting to discs in the front would be something to think about. Pull n Save in Spokane lists a couple of '78 620s in their inventory, but maybe '79 was the first year for 620 discs. I know P&S has an '80 720 at the Valley location, cause I saw it yesterday. It is always odd to see an L20b in a 720, so I had to stop and look at it.  I have no idea if 720 front hubs/rotors will fit a 620.

Len

saw in another thread that you got wood, think it was the Canby thread.

thought you was joking that you was getting a boner, I guessed wrong. you really got wood. lol

you're not going to make a wing / spoiler, please say no.  :crying:

test fit in lowes parking lot...

164916_10200408198706652_2070497678_n.jp

943116_10200408197506622_892209615_n.jpg

Mounted and functioning, just need to make some tweaks in the morning to get it to lay a little more flush up front... Here in a couple days Im going to order something to upholster it... :) 

972019_10200409418697151_2125552393_n.jp

971611_10200409418497146_1457993064_n.jp

Poor man status, 2x4 braces running across bolted to cover, in perfect length to eliminate side to side movement, and with one way up front and one near the back to eliminate front and back movement... Im going to add a couple more braces for rigidity and some kind of a rod that runs through floor to lock it so no one can get in... nothing has been screwed into the truck :)

also going to upholster with canvas, and upholstering roof in canvas like a fake soft top (phantom top) to match the bed :)

• Like 1

is that just normal fabric shop canvas, or did you go buy Stay Fast Canvas? if it is just normal not treated canvas you may want to do some kind of treatment to the underside, or that material will not last long in the weather you have there. Just a bit of advice froma guy you has delt with Phantom tops and sliding rag tops on several different trucks.. And also remember to stretch that canvas as you lay it out....

Does look like it is going to be a cool looking tonnue cover... good luck..

1Lo620, I have 2 rolls of black, one roll is marine grade waterproof, sunproof stuff with no backing, just canvas, its been treated and water balls up and runs right off. And the other roll (same brand as blue) Is also nylon canvas but it has rubber backing that is water proof but it hasnt been treated with anything so the water absorbs a little but wont go through.. Havent decided which one will be better for the phantom top and which will be better for the cover...

Got My weber on and the old hitachi off... It runs a thousand times better.... Theres a "flat spot" now though, when I try to hold it at a certain Rpm in motion, I would say like 2500rpm it boggs and stumbles, but it accelerates ok and idles wonderful its just that one spot, do you think jets, accelerator pump or is my adjustment off? I think I could maybe be off on timing as well... 

943206_10200420053643018_628121397_n.jpg