Sick's 620s Topless Soap Droppin NUTS Draggin 620

sick620

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOPE! Haha because its not hinged... drivers side bolts are removed and passenger side bolts are nearly all the way loose... then im going to mount my air ram and run it off shrader valves and an air tank... "CHEAP TILT" :P

I just dont have any fabrication skills to do hinges  :blush:

edit: Now you know my secret! :angel:  lol

Need something like this.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200332025_200332025

125661_lg.jpg

Where did you move to in WA? 

Those ones that Redeye posted are the ones we use for BBQ Pits.  Super cheap and functional.  They're two part hinges that slide apart if you don't turn them opposite directions.  I would have someone weld you a plate to each part of those with a bolt pattern that you can drill trough the truck bed and frame.  Then you should put some sort of latch under the other side. 

I'd go with something like the tailgate latch that would l suck the bed down tight.  You could make it as simple as a piece that would flap down over an eye and put a lock through that, but it would rattle down the road.  A tailgate latch would keep it from rattling too bad.

Now my real question is...  Did you just scalp the truck, or is there a way to re-attach the roof when it's raining?  I understand that WA does occasionally get some rain.

Redeye: I'm in Moses lake wa... Ya those bbq pits could work, maybe I can find a custom shop in this little Po dunk town that I'm in and just have them fab something up real quick for a reasonable price? All my welding connections are back in Boise if I was still there this would be done already...

Rhapa:the top goes on and off with gaskets and baja bug hood clamps. I can get a pic soon. I am either going to take my top in and have it upholstered with fabric and make a Phantom top, or get a legitimate soft top fabbed, once again to bad I'm out here, my soft top connection is back in idaho. Lol

Those ones that Redeye posted are the ones we use for BBQ Pits.  Super cheap and functional.  They're two part hinges that slide apart if you don't turn them opposite directions.  I would have someone weld you a plate to each part of those with a bolt pattern that you can drill trough the truck bed and frame.  Then you should put some sort of latch under the other side. 

I'd go with something like the tailgate latch that would l suck the bed down tight.  You could make it as simple as a piece that would flap down over an eye and put a lock through that, but it would rattle down the road.  A tailgate latch would keep it from rattling too bad.

Now my real question is...  Did you just scalp the truck, or is there a way to re-attach the roof when it's raining?  I understand that WA does occasionally get some rain.

Something like this would work great for latching it down.

http://carrlane.com/catalog/index.cfm/27825071F0B221118070C1C513E111D081B0006280B1713050245221E0107070F1A3C3B285351415E

CL-100-LPA_p.gif

Redeye: I'm in Moses lake wa... Ya those bbq pits could work, maybe I can find a custom shop in this little Po dunk town that I'm in and just have them fab something up real quick for a reasonable price? All my welding connections are back in Boise if I was still there this would be done already...

Rhapa:the top goes on and off with gaskets and baja bug hood clamps. I can get a pic soon. I am either going to take my top in and have it upholstered with fabric and make a Phantom top, or get a legitimate soft top fabbed, once again to bad I'm out here, my soft top connection is back in idaho. Lol

Moses lake is pretty far from me, sounds like you moved to the middle of nowhere :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

no :( I just keep driving it... I havnt even looked into it anymore... It has to be the clutch... Its still working fine just releases really high on the pedal movement, I think my clutch master is bad too but that cant cause that can it? 

it slowly got to this point... it has always worked good even though it has a wierd release point but last summer there was like 3 ocassions while driving in 90+ degree temps that it slipped in 3rd gear and up... when I press the pedal in I think I hear a faint hissing sound now tho.. So ill replace the hydraulics first and see what happens... 

• 2 weeks later...

I know my progress is lame lately... but here a little update to hold you off untill I start making major moves...

picked these mirrors up. $1.99 a piece at a thrift store.. they are harley davidson mirrors, I think they will look pretty "nuts" as fender mirrors, what do you guys think??

393075_10200309817127174_9134647_n.jpg

945182_10200309786366405_612743518_n.jpg