Toyota Carina Barn Find

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it done yet? :fu:

Couldnt get the engine in cause theres a small difference in the oil pans! Have to change the oil pans and pumps, cause the pickup tube is not removable. Should have the engine and tranny in tomarro!

DAMN toyota changing everything every year! :angry:

DAMN toyota changing everything every year! :angry:

got a oic o that?

normally when toyota changes something for a gen, its mostly interchangeable on the whole car. its like starting in '69, minor changes every 2 years and big changes every 4 years. theres like 10-12 different 20/2r oil pickups and pans over 20years of production.

ive never really strayed from a 2Xr, not quite sure how T series motors are setup.

got a oic o that?

normally when toyota changes something for a gen, its mostly interchangeable on the whole car. its like starting in '69, minor changes every 2 years and big changes every 4 years. theres like 10-12 different 20/2r oil pickups and pans over 20years of production.

ive never really strayed from a 2Xr, not quite sure how T series motors are setup.

The cars are a 72 and a 76, so theres a couple years in there, and no oic. Was doin some side work and pappy did it all, I just got the verbal update!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<_< You just dont get it do you? Its not about the brand with a rescue! Do you only save a dogs life if it is the same "Brand" of dog as you already have? This car was facing a fate worse than death, the slow rot. And we all know that it is too beautifull for that........Im Just Sayin ;) I Love Lamp!

^agree, and why shouldn't a ratsuner guy fix up a carina? i've seen a few of these over the years and even toyota guys don't really care for them much. what's important is that it's getting some love

Saw this thing today the oics dont even come close to showing how nice this car is..blink.gifblink.gif Inside the trunk is so nice i couldn`t help but to touch it..One word......... UNBELIEVABLE

oh and it started with just i reach-in no pedal pump.

• 3 weeks later...

hey pumpkn, do you have a pic that shows the exhaust manifold? cause i want to see what the starter looks like bolted onto the motor, and also do you think ill need to use shims for the starter i ordered from auto zone?

• 4 weeks later...

hey pumpkn, do you have a pic that shows the exhaust manifold? cause i want to see what the starter looks like bolted onto the motor, and also do you think ill need to use shims for the starter i ordered from auto zone?

Will try to get an oic the next time Im up there!

Update: The car has been out of the system for so long that we gotta do a temp 3 year title, moms planning on having it ready for the Goldern Gardens show!

• 2 weeks later...