Toyota Carina Barn Find

Yeah, that was my plan: 3T-C, 5-speed, AE86 struts and LSD, daily drivin'.

Its a straight axle like the Corona - what LSD are you talking about...???:confused:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AE86! '85 GT-S third member will fit the housing. But, since this car is automatic, I think it already has 4.30 gears.

Can you run the whole rear axle? Reason I ask is that I still have access to the Corona - The neighbor I mentioned is someone whom I am still very good friends with. He wants something better than the stock gears and drums, like limited slip and discs. Had to ask, so I can plan the next attack on that car.

Can you run the whole rear axle? Reason I ask is that I still have access to the Corona - The neighbor I mentioned is someone whom I am still very good friends with. He wants something better than the stock gears and drums, like limited slip and discs. Had to ask, so I can plan the next attack on that car.

I tried fitting a GT-S rear end to my Carina. The mounts are a little off. But of course, you can do anything if you can weld. And the Corona uses leaf springs, right? I have one of these 3rd members in my 1200, in a '77 Corolla SR5 axle housing. I thought about having the GT-S rear narrowed, but I decided it's not really worth it just for disc brakes.

I tried fitting a GT-S rear end to my Carina. The mounts are a little off. But of course, you can do anything if you can weld. And the Corona uses leaf springs, right? I have one of these 3rd members in my 1200, in a '77 Corolla SR5 axle housing. I thought about having the GT-S rear narrowed, but I decided it's not really worth it just for disc brakes.

The Corona is leaf sprung, correct.

How much narrowing? I mean if its a lot, then its a moot point. If we're talking an inch or so on each side, then its a worthy deal to try and run it as.

2eDeYe' date='02 July 2010 - 07:46 AM' timestamp='1278081988' post='321104']

You get this thing out into the sunlight yet? I wanna see better pics :D

Im super excited, but we are still doin the roof and repairs on thier house, maw be a few days :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
2eDeYe' date='02 July 2010 - 07:46 AM' timestamp='1278081988' post='321104']

You get this thing out into the sunlight yet? I wanna see better pics :D

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! We un siezed the brakes, pulled it out, started spraying it down, and here are the Pics of the process so far!

100_3563.jpg

100_3564.jpg

100_3559.jpg

100_3560.jpg

100_3561.jpg

100_3556.jpg

100_3557.jpg

100_3562.jpg

100_3558.jpg

100_3554.jpg

100_3555.jpg

100_3565.jpg

OMG! is right! That car is fantastic!!!! :cool:

Wash her. Twice. Grab up some blue Color-Back from Turtle Wax and have your way with her. I see nothing wrong with the paint, and I would so throw some Iron Cross Supra wheels on that and Drive it until the engine pops. Then 3TC it, and go even faster.

What a find! Well worth it. I love those early '70s Toyotas, and this one is a beauty!

(I can't stop looking at that car. The back seat is immaculate. Just...WOW!)

Goin to stock up on #0000 Steel Wool aswell! ;)

You can see how that no matter how happy my mom was to see the car outside, she still wasnt gonna touch it with more than one finger :lol:

I was just thinking of the same thing, and forgot to mention it. 0000 steel wool is my best friend, which reminds me that I need to go and pick up some more...

BTW, here is the stuff, I swear by it: http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,34

and this for the metal trim and bumpers: http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_magic/products/210/blue_magic_metal_polish_cream_jar/

More pics:

Door Jam, unwashed! With last oil change tag :o

100_3575-Copy.jpg

100_3574.jpg

100_3578-Copy.jpg

And the Three imperfections on the body:

This one can be cleaned off!

100_3582-Copy-1.jpg

Pass front fender:

100_3579-Copy.jpg

On the rear plate, not rusted thru, just paint gone and cracked!

100_3581.jpg

And the pass rear side little dent:

100_3580-Copy-1.jpg

Real miles, Not Rolled Over!

100_3570.jpg