Toyota Carina Barn Find

i really need to come down and take a peek, thats pretty F'n awesome id kill for a barn find.

i think i may still have a complete grill for that thing.

couple bucks and I'll let you touch it with more than one finger.....might even let you sit in it!!!

:)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cookies from pumpkin mom for ALL! :D

do you neeed another son, I'm potty trained and I clean up after myself. What kinda cookies will ya be cooking up for us, hope chocolate chip.. :)

if so, I clean windows too.. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump-Date,

So we need a 2tc. The thing will not roll over, wish it was a manual so we could drag it around! But we want a 2tc or something close. An engine that is attatched to an auto tranny would be favorable! We wanna keep it as stock as we can, Help!

Just found this thread Pumpkn! Man you really have me wanting that Corona near me now. This is a stunning find! (Though the corona near me is off CL so may have been snapped up. Prolly for the best!)

i just dont buy that it wont turn over.

my wagon sat for something like 15years outside, got it to fire up just fine.

call me on monday if you have the holiday off. I'll come down and flex my yota muscle all over that thing.

do you neeed another son, I'm potty trained and I clean up after myself. What kinda cookies will ya be cooking up for us, hope chocolate chip.. :)

if so, I clean windows too.. :D

:DJust now reading this....I work loads of hours so not much time for computer. Thanks for the offer to be another son, but I am already

raising another, my grandson.....he is 5. My daughter named him, guess what......David Patterson! Don't think that isn't confusing !!!!

Dave said there is a function on Sept. 18/19??? Will supply cookies and for you, of course most excellent chocolate chip.

Need more requests....what other kinds do members want?

chow. Nancy Nurse

Nice car. I really want that thing. That's my daughters name. She would crap herself if I came home with a car with her name on it. :lol:

Maybe you could search and find some of the Carina emblems and make something cool for her wall. I have always liked

the various car chrome names and decorations.

Maybe you could search and find some of the Carina emblems and make something cool for her wall. I have always liked

the various car chrome names and decorations.

She is now 27 Years old. I don't think she would hang that on her wall. But thanks for the idea. :)

• 1 month later...

Update:

Pappy and I drove to Oly to pick up a donor car for $260. Its a runner, and was stuffed with spare parts, couple extra grilles, and a bunch of marker lights, ect! Started strippin the engine and tranny out and should have it out tomorrow. Plan on swapping over what we can to the carina cause this car was a driver till a couple months ago (Fuel Pump) Heres the Oics!

101_0013.jpg

101_0014.jpg

101_0015.jpg

101_0016.jpg

ReUpdate!

Took some more oics today, its really comin along well! Got the tranny and bell housing swapped, got the block cleaned and installed the intake and exh. Cleaned and painted the timing cover, thermostat housing, and stripped the old head and block. There are oics of the damaged block and all the other afore mentioned stuff!

101_0053.jpg

101_0052.jpg

101_0059.jpg

101_0058.jpg

^in that oic, you can see the dwell knob on the dizzy, it even has a cool cover!

Now for the damaged block:

101_0057.jpg

101_0055.jpg

101_0056.jpg

And the stripped HEMI head!

101_0050.jpg

101_0051.jpg

Thats right, I said Hemi!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Looking good. :cool:

:blink: :blink:

75 yota goon :blink:

I have my eye on one right now :blink: waiting for more pics as I type this :lol: :lol:

Looking to get a 70s car as a daily driver again.

Really been looking for a 510 goon but no luck(close by)

So it may be a

70 4dr 510(if he moves on the price a bit)

76 710 2 door

or(am I a traiter :unsure: :unsure: )

the 75 yota goon :unsure: :blink: :o :lol:

Up-Great!

Puttin in the engine and tranny tomarro :woot: Heres moar oics of the progress thusfar. Cleaning the engine bay, painting the engine bay acc, finishing puttin all the weird throttle ad kickdown Linkage.

Oh yea, pappy says its never too cold to spray paint!

101_0112.jpg

101_0113.jpg

101_0114.jpg

101_0115.jpg

And the 2tc runs the same oil filter as my moms Magnum(3.5V6)