Canby 2011

sick620

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

another +1 and the wife. We go every year. Some of you have probably seen my red 240Z there, a few times. I usually roll in with the Classiczcar crew.

Really wanted to bring the 260Z project car but I don't see that happening, unless Chip Foose steals my car for a week.

Stayed saturday night last year, also brought my green 72' 240Z. Probably just come down in the morning this time.

Dave

so canby is 968 miles from me. i want to do it in the 411 but kinda scared. its gonna be like 20+ hours of driving with no cruise control, unless i hook the choke cable to the throttle :P and idk if i have a passenger so itll be really long if i dont.

:mellow: I really hope your being sarcastic .........

So what did I miss? I thought they were talking about that one year, but that was a few years ago. Maybe that was just the smoking and drinking thing?

Oh, I see. What about dogs though? I thought I remembered something about no dogs? Dog poop? Debating if I'm going to bring Molly this year. I may not but she would have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I can show up and enter the inside fenced parking area for the day for a fee, correct?

if you bring your car in and park with all the dattos but dont register for judging its $5

if you park outside and walk in the gate its free

So I was looking at the requirements for camping and damn they're strict! No bikes? WTF? Does anyone do a local KOA campground or something close to Canby but a little more lax? Or can we bend the rules a little on the no bikes thing? I'd like to have a barbecue too, but a real bbq, which is also not okay according to the rules.

gas bbq is ok, no charcoal tho.. People brought bikes last few years? There is always the possibility of finding somewhere else to camp and have real fun. (tho i wouldn't want to get kicked out of a camp ground and have no where to go...)

Dunno if there is a KOA there or not. I know theres one in astoria about 2 1/2 hours away lol

So I was looking at the requirements for camping and damn they're strict! No bikes? WTF? Does anyone do a local KOA campground or something close to Canby but a little more lax? Or can we bend the rules a little on the no bikes thing? I'd like to have a barbecue too, but a real bbq, which is also not okay according to the rules.

Completely agree. Makes me not excited about going being a first timer.

There's Molalla River State Park close to Canby, but it appears there are not designated campgrounds there, which probably means we'd get kicked out at dusk by a Forest Ranger. I'm not even saying I want to be rowdy. In fact I'm an old man, I'm about ready for bed now. Shit, if I even have a beer, I'm out an hour earlier! I figure I'll bring a sleeping roll and a tent just in case, but I'll probably be sleeping in the back of the hardbody. A hotel would be nice, but not completely necessary. Then again, I do love my morning shower.

What about you locals? What say you? Someone has to live close to Canby.

Completely agree. Makes me not excited about going being a first timer.

its not that bad, i went in 09. It was a blast, tho we got in trouble. Last year, people had a good time, and from what i can tell it went ok? Shoot canby 09 justin fell on pumpkins high bike and f'ed up his hand.