Ratsun Trophy for Canby 2010

mklotz70

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are all old E1 parts. the base is the water pump pulley, the piece on that is the hand crank piece, the rods are push rods. The exhaust pipe and the bearing block are not E1...oh well. :) The piece on top of the fan is the dizzy drive, the piece hanging below is the center piece to the oil pump. The base has a couple of big chunks of steel in it for counter balance....so it's pretty stable. :)

• Like 1

I was inspired by Mike & made my own version of a Canby trophy today. I hope the powers that be are ok with it....if so Ill post a pic of it. Shes not done yet but youll get the idea... :cool:

Cut with the tease, Louise, and post the damn pic!

DAMN! Both trophy's are bitchen! Maybe we could have 2 catagories? One for most ratty and then maybe most improved after joining [Ratsun] or work in progress... Just an Idea, I know owning only 1 Datsun atm I/others will never win the 'rattiest' datsun award = Sad Panda because that doesn't mean we love ratsun any less!

It should be for the Datsun owner that best exemplifies a love for all things Datsun and expresses it in a ride that is uniquely ratsun. This means that perfection is not necessarily a deciding factor in aesthetics; including paint, body work, customizing or interior, nor in mechanical; including engineering, custom made parts, uncommon transplants and swaps. In fact new uses for other than stock Nissan parts to keep it on the road yet making an improvement in aesthetics or mechanics should be acknowledged and rewarded.

• Like 1

Its awarded for the most ratty datsun... Last year Jeff Hino won in his 68 510. Its a cool car, but has some rust issues among other things lol

I was one of the Judges for the Ratsun award on 09' cause I won the first Ratsun award in 08' And I can tell you that there is ALOT more involved in the selection process for this award ;)

I think it is best to consider it as more of a Style and Attitude award!

Here is my trophy from 08'

100_3186.jpg

17845_1342478052113_1536066514_8951.jpg