Ratsun Trophy for Canby 2010

mklotz70

Pumpkin I love the hood scoop award :thumbup:

I do too, was on cloud-9 all month after winning that, first time award the first time I went, and I didnt even have to enter in the show! Forever Appreciative!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What i mean is do i have to sign up befor i get there? or is it like i get there i say i want to enter and im in?

If you're talking about showing your rig for a trophy, best to pre-reg.

If you're talking about being considered for the ratsun awards, they're separate from the club....you basically just have to kiss Dave's butt to have a shot :) I'm not sure who all is making the decisions....I'm pretty sure Dave is picking the rig that gets the one we made....I think he usually gets input from past winners?? I'm not sure what they've decided with the award PacCoast is sending. I'm guessing whoever he sent it to is doing the picking.

The original idea behind the Ratsun trophy was to up the incentive for guys to pull their projects out of the weeds and share them. It was to help break down the idea that a "show car" had to be finished or look decent. We wanted more guys to bring out their "share cars". We wanted guys to bring out there beaters and share them since ratsuners simply love any datsun......beat up or brillant. The beautiful ones can vie for one of the show awards. The guy rockin' a beat up datsun in 3 shades of rust probably loves his ride more than the guy driving a $40,000 roadster. This award was to help inspire those guys to get their butts busy on their projects and bring them out to share so we could recognize their efforts and love of all things datsun. We wanted there to be a reason for someone to decide to bring their ratsun to the $5 section to share and be "in" the event instead of simply driving they're daily driver. We were hoping to promote the "rat rod", "unfinished" rig like the trend with american steel......but with datsuns.

The guy driving the $40,000 roadster is at the other end of the hobby from the ratsun guys. His is a toy, not a driver. He probably paid other people to do the work. We want the guy that's more function over form. Someone that rocks his love of datsuns, regardless of rust. Previous winners, pumpkn210 and Icehouse, embody the ratsun movement. They're hardcore datsun lovers. They put a ton of love into their rigs and rock them with pride whether main stream likes them or not. They spend a lot of time and energy helping out fellow ratsuners. If you're a selfish A**hole that simply drives a rusty datsun, you probably won't win.

I don't get too involved in the choice beyond helping with the trophy. I typically help Dave figure out who's who, but I haven't kept up as much this year to know all the new guys. If you want a serious shot at this trophy, I'd suggest pm'ing Dave with some car pics, story and name....or at least find him at the show and introduce yourself and your ride.

Anyway...that was a bit long winded, but hopefully, that gives a bit more insight for those that are out of the loop or fairly new :)

Good luck guys!!!!

• Like 3

Has anyone considered a ratsun award for Blue Lake?

Mike id love to make another award for that show. Ill have more time to get "creative" :D When is it again ?

&......i sent off the rats N wrenches award this morning. It'll be @ Daves door by the 10th. GL guys N gals :cool:

It was funny seeing the post office guy start at it like WTF is that.. :rolleyes:

Got the Pumpkn on the road today and it is EPIC! the two cars side by side are out of controll! Therefore I hereby remove myself from the running for the Ratsun Trophy.

I would be honored to be able to put some input into the selection of the winner!

Thank you

Dave "Pumpkn Operator" Patterson

The original idea behind the Ratsun trophy was to up the incentive for guys to pull their projects out of the weeds and share them.

Now I see how Pumpkin won!

The guy rockin' a beat up datsun in 3 shades of rust probably loves his ride more than the guy driving a $40,000 roadster.

Never has a better truth been said on this forum. :crying:

The guy driving the $40,000 roadster is at the other end of the hobby from the ratsun guys. His is a toy, not a driver.

Preach! Preach it Brother!

Previous winners, pumpkn210 and Icehouse, embody the ratsun movement. They're hardcore datsun lovers. They put a ton of love into their rigs and rock them with pride whether main stream likes them or not. They spend a lot of time and energy helping out fellow ratsuners.

Pumpkin has helped me quite a bit with mine. :thumbup:

If you're a selfish A**hole that simply drives a rusty datsun, you probably won't win.

Well Im not selfish! and I treated the rust! :D

I am only just getting started on mine, granted I think I will be done the day before I'm dead...maybe ^_^ My 720 is my work/play truck. I got 860 miles on this new rebuilt motor and I fully intend on seeing it hit the 300k mark while on the road to the next job with my mutts hanging tounge to the wind.

A friend asked me why I put the time and money into my truck and not just go get a new one. I laughed and said, because it is my truck, why else?

I will drive my Datto because other people just dont get it. When the damned wheels fall the hell off, I will replace them and get back to driving!