so i rolled it her...... =[ (now build thread)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

thanks everyone for your support. i have done a couple of things since i last posted on here. i finally did my 280zx coilover and brake upgrade and master cylinder as well. i used 92 mr2 shock inserts (kyb gr2), some crappy springs and S14 nismo 60mm wheel studs. im buying some eibach springs this coming wednesday. fronts are 1000 and rears are 800. any opinions?

Stock 510 fronts are 90-100 pounds spring rate. I cut a coil off my 710 fronts and it works our to 150 and I'm liking that rate.

Stock 510 rears springs are about 380-400pounds. This can be confusing but the spring isn't above the rear axle but ahead of it on the control arm. Mechanical advantage is 3.8 because of this lever effect so a 400 pound spring divided by 3.8 is felt as a 105 pound rate at the tire. Knowing this a 1000 pound spring is only a 263 pound at the wheel. Still very stiff (I think but everyone is different and I got old bones) My 710 goon is plenty firm at 150 pound but I don't race or slam around corners much. A 200 pound front/rear may be better to some and 250 for others..

ok so how about 8kg(?) rears and 16kg(?) fronts? my buddy has a bunch of super stiff springs and i wanted to buy a pair due to the fact that they are super cheap. he also has 18kg and 20kg Swift springs. any thoughts? im still new to the spring game >.< i plan on autocrossing again here soon and i dont mind having a stiff ride as a daily, im more worried about the handling. im also eventually going to swap a ca18det in there later on, so would a higher spring rate be better for the power/added weight?

Drive it RED ! I want to borrow that shifter for a photo just to wind someone up.

I want to say that my coils are 250 or 300. Here is a link Ted Hedman put together that may help you out.

http://www.bsedan.com/510s.htm

go buy one from 9k! haha or you can come to fairfield and buy one from extreme autosport for about $65. a buddy of mine is selling a used one for $45. shoot me a PM if you are interested.

i knew i recognized you and your car. i live in ripon and you and a bunch of buddies showed up at the local skatepark (i skate alot) and you were all driving some cool cars. we started talking and you said you were driving a friends car, an integra of some sort i believe, and you said "its not my car, my car is ugly" or something like that. and you showed me a picture on your phone. and it was your 510. and just from that picture i fell in love with those cars and down the road i bought a 1969 510 wagon. its gone now because it kept breaking down and i didnt have the funds or time for it. but i just wanna say thanks! lol

d17.jpg

this is what my wagon looked like when i sold it.

i now own this

8.jpg

• Like 1

i knew i recognized you and your car. i live in ripon and you and a bunch of buddies showed up at the local skatepark (i skate alot) and you were all driving some cool cars. we started talking and you said you were driving a friends car, an integra of some sort i believe, and you said "its not my car, my car is ugly" or something like that. and you showed me a picture on your phone.

If I had a dime for every time Red has told me that..

i knew i recognized you and your car. i live in ripon and you and a bunch of buddies showed up at the local skatepark (i skate alot) and you were all driving some cool cars. we started talking and you said you were driving a friends car, an integra of some sort i believe, and you said "its not my car, my car is ugly" or something like that. and you showed me a picture on your phone. and it was your 510. and just from that picture i fell in love with those cars and down the road i bought a 1969 510 wagon. its gone now because it kept breaking down and i didnt have the funds or time for it. but i just wanna say thanks! lol

this is what my wagon looked like when i sold it.

i now own this

thanks bro, that means alot. im glad i could share the way of the datsun enthusiast. get that thing all cleaned up and spead the word of datsun religion! haha