HELP WANTED?!

So, you may not know much about the guy how has this account, but this is his daughter taking over his account, because I wanted some advice and whatnot...

So, I'm coming home from school this afternoon, my father (the guy who owns this account) parked his 510 at the front of the carport (covered). As usual, I pull up behind this covered vehicle carefully. But, the cover doesn't exactly make this easy. Since the space is limited for how many cars the family owns, I have to try and get as close as possible. And when I did get there, a split second before I was going to come to a complete stop, I felt a bump and hear a clank and some metal sounds and well - I still can't find the words to completely describe what I heard. I backed up slowly, and there was another, lighter sound (presumably something that fell to the concrete).

I haven't looked under the cover, and I'm afraid. I know this community is very connected and full of knowledge, so how to I bring the topic up lightly to my father? He hasn't returned home from work yet, either.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't looked under the cover, and I'm afraid. I know this community is very connected and full of knowledge, so how to I bring the topic up lightly to my father? He hasn't returned home from work yet, either.

oh boy... :unsure:

we love our cars but at the end of the day we all know that they are machines and can always be repaired.

• Like 2

My daughter backed into my Z car one time. I didn't really have to say or do anything. She beat herself up pretty good. She came back in the house with big ol tears in her eyes and told me what she had done. It didn't look to bad so I didn't have to kill her. :lol:

If I remember right your dads car is pretty bad ass so fess up soon. Just make sure you pooch out your bottom lip and have some tears going. :P

You may luck out and his favorite ratchet that he's been missing for a while now was sitting on the bumper. Your accidental jolt may have dropped it and that's the sound you heard :).

Trying to be optimistic here, but really, there's not gonna be any easy way to go about this. Honesty is going to be your best route, and while it's no fun to deal with accidents, you're better off erring on the side of integrity. Good luck to you.

this is his daughter taking over his account,

how to I bring the topic up lightly to my father? He hasn't returned home from work yet, either.

you are SOOOOOoooooo in trouble (when he reads this... at work)

pop the cover, assess the damage (pix if that bad) and then tell him before he finds it on his own.

:unsure: from experience: the pain of admitting it is significantly less than lying/denying/running away from home.

be sure to bat your eyes too :blink:

(im glad i dont have a daughter)