Post your Unique parts and pieces for Datsuns

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have original spare tire for my 411. white wall and all. yellow wheel chalks. original tire jack and handle. i consider the whole car to be being a 411 sss but no one here prolly does. stock radio.

heres the kicker. stock under hood inspection light.

Born & raised. That name sounds really framilar, I went to school with a Souza. What was the name of his shop? What is HSZCC , a Z car club, I assume.

My old man didnt grow up here, and hes about 20 years older than you lol. His shop was Smokeys Foreign Car svc and HSZCC was the High Sierra Z Car Club.

I like to ask whenever i find someone local, when I was a kid i just remember him having lots of customers and friends with Datsuns.

That interior door latch "eschutcheon" is chromed steel. All 1971-1973 Datsun 1200s came with this part.

620s have a plastic version of the same. They are interchangeable.

Here are my new-from-Nissan ones (much less expensive than the sellers on the Internet):

22028.jpg

well what's the part number don't be secretive were all family here :D

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how many of these are out there. Rubber DATSUN floor mats made for my 240

floormats.jpg

Original fuse box with lid, with all original fuses (Car only shows 3k+ miles on the odometer, verified by original owner who used it as a sunday driver until he crashed it and parked it in 82) I got the blower working when I took this picture, I noticed the fuse wasnt getting good connection, so I fixed it and it works great now. And yes, I do have the ash tray assembly.

fusebox.jpg

Also found these layed flat underneath the passenger side floor mat, carpet, and sound deadening material. Its crazy that these were there for 30 years and never moved.

newspapers.jpg

One is a Sunday edition of the Los Angeles Times from June 1st, 1980. Major events that day include Ted Turner launching CNN, Steve Garvey hit the 7000th homerun for the Dodgers, and Rube Marquad dies.

times.jpg

The other is a Saturday edition of the San Francisco Chronicle from May 31st, 1980. The only major historical event that happened then was Sonny Burke died. Not sure if the paper has an article on that, I havent opened them up yet as they are kind of brittle.

chronicle.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

my parts manager has this Z car poster

020120111370.jpg

signed by Mr. K himself

020120111371.jpg

I have one of those posters as well signed by Mr. K. It is #260 (for when I had my 260Z) of 2000.