Post your Unique parts and pieces for Datsuns

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is not that rare but also the fasten seat belt light is supos to go on a heater control panel with out the on off switch markings on it.... the switch markings are for the rare JDM map light i have

Yeah I'm aware of that. I just had the dumb delete there and figured i'd put something more interesting. Its the only light i've come across in all my 510s. Seems pretty uncommon to me. I would have nabbed the correct plate to go under it but I was being rushed b/c the yard was closing and the car was in line to be crushed.

That lamp is pretty cool, haven't come across one of those yet. That's one thing i've never really checked before. but like said above that light is for the non-lit stock AM radio. The "map light" is in the glove box I think.

I'm personally on the hunt for an original package tray. Yet to find one for a 510. :lol:

One piece I have that is sorta kinda uncommon is some near mint factory floor mats. :cool:

• Like 1

look it up it is a called a "map light".... and my car had the stock Am radio and its lit it dose not need a light to see it......

oh and DQ says so also

http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/tech/spreadbury.guide.html

"The heater controls were moved to the upper middle section of the dash, and again had horizontal slide controls. To the right of the heater fan controls was a blank for the optional map light. Datsun put the graphic and the lens for the map light in every car, but the switch, which looks the same as the heater switch, and the light was a factory option. The radio is located below the heater controls, and the white lens just above the radio is the the map light. Basic 510's that did not come with the factory radio, got a coin tray that fit in the section where the radio would go. Below the radio was the ashtray, with the cigarette lighter, which was also an option on some cars, and another blank on the right. Canadian cars that came with a rear window defroster would have the switch located here."

I might be stupid, but am I correctly counting 5 exhaust tubes going to the collector???

Oh yea, That's another rare part an inline 5 cyl nissan motor.

J/K there are 6 of them just one is hidden.

motor looks bitchen.. almost too nice to put in the car looks cool just sitting on the stand... nice oil cap too!!

It do look good sittin there. But it's been there too long almost a year now. Time to put it to good use. Thats not really an oil cap. It's a radiator cover I just have it sitting over the opening. My oil cap is at the polisher. I'll post a pic of it when I get it back. It's pretty cool also.

well from what i was reading that lil red lights kinda rare too, it only came in 72-73.. my first 71 had the heater panel with no on-off markings and the red fasten seat belt light... however i never seen it turn on the hole time i ownd the car dont remeber even looking to see if it was hooked up to anything..

the hole cars getting pretty rare it self.. long gone are the days where you tripped over 10 of them in the junk yards....

but this is a neat thread keep the cool datsun items coming :D

however i never seen it turn on the hole time i ownd the car dont remeber even looking to see if it was hooked up to anything..

i think there is a lamp attached to the back of it... been awhile since i had it out.

wonder who still has a functional door 'buzzer'? :lol:

I had the fasten seat belt buzzer in the 620. I always wanted to replace it with "Fuck yeah!" so that would light up instead every time the truck started. :) Don't think it would be that hard to get some transparent plastic with whatever typed into it.

I had the fasten seat belt buzzer in the 620. I always wanted to replace it with "Fuck yeah!" so that would light up instead every time the truck started. :) Don't think it would be that hard to get some transparent plastic with whatever typed into it.

i want to do "sit down, shut up"...but yours would be cool

Package Tray?

Here you go. NOS too.

NOS_Package_Tray_004.jpg

Lol damn you! :fu:

having the 'JDM' lamp socket for the USDM map light is the rare part.

my wagon fasten belts light is annoyingly functional. comes on when there is ~5# on the passenger seat.

Its a sensor that hooks up to the seat.. it doesn't do anything with out it. There is some stock hookups behind my dash I can hook up and it'll be on all the time. :sweat:

wonder who still has a functional door 'buzzer'? :lol:

Mine still functions. I hooked it up one time (against the advice of my friend) I stopped for gas shortly after and immediately disconnected it. :lol: I want to switch out the buzzer for the 1980's subaru "key in the ignition" chime. Sort of sounds like a "bing bong"... I wouldn't even know where to begin to make the swap (if thats possible).