Little Red Wagon...

Since I'm replacing my factory mirror with fender mirrors, I needed to fix the factory mounting location. Over the years, the original mirror had been bumped, smacked and abused leaving a nice dent around the base of the mounting bracket. I think to myself "no problem, I'll just take off the inner door panel and tap it all flat.” As a lot of you probably know, the only access to this area is a small hole just behind the door handle, not exactly convenient for metal work where the mirror is mounted <_< So after figuring out how to wedge my arm down inside the door, I managed to slowly (very slowly) tap out the dent...

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5162.jpg

Next I welded the mounting holes closed and skimmed the area. Like the other repairs, I top coated with the red rattle can enamel...

IMG_5229-1.jpg

Later

Joel

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the adjuster missing the lock nut? Also has anyone rebuilt a steering box on a 510? I am redoing the front end on my goon and I was wondering if it is necessary or are they fine with a fluid change?

Yep... That pic was a little early. The lock nut was reinstalled ;)

Later

Joel

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Keeper, I'm working on the fenders right now and I can't help but dream about the day I can drop this thing off at your house so you can make her beautiful ;) Your build threads have been inspiring too say the least.

That makes the wife and I smile. Always enjoy your build. One step at a time til it's done. Allow for more time on every drive, for those who want to til you all about when they had a Datsun.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

damn sir your car is too cool enjoyed the read check out my wagons and the erely similarities....by the way i was the first person to talk to you at blue lake... tall guy black and neon green tee shirt...alos asked about your dist...sorry my friend back home is a cheap skate...fer the record in person this goon is the tits....highly reccomended...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/39556-projekt1972-wagon/

i powwdered all my parts at my shop and would love the chance to help u out in a future project if u got any...loved the dr's onthe car... exactly the way i thought they would fit...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It's great to see this thread resurected!!! I used to follow it a few years ago,along with the green goon thread (also resurected recently). Now if only Jun would update his build thread, & Goki would post in "Goons check in" regularly, it would be just like old times,back when I started my goon.

Funny when I read 'little red wagon' I thought of this!

You have a great start there, looks to be nice and clean, especially that interior!

DSCN6827.jpg

DSCN6821.jpg

DSCN6820.jpg

DSCN6824.jpg

photoshoot008_zps047940d1.jpg

These two pics look alot alike

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey can you post a pic of the 1971 R. front maroon fender I need to paint a car that color soon and want to see a shinny fender and what is the factory color code ? I call it Dr. Pepper .

The front fender is actually spray paint... I just buffed it out. It was/is temporary. The front fenders were crushed when I bought the car so I straightened them and hit em with a little color till the rest of the car is ready for finish down the road :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...