Little Red Wagon...

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Made to order and take a long time to get here.

That makes no sense. Just order them, It's not like your wagon is going to be done anytime soon. And you have some kickass wheels to run "IF" your wagon gets finished before the wheels arrive.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just put this together for Tankers thread so I thought I'd bump my own with an actual update ;) This is my rear door bump removal procedure...

Start by hacking the crap out of your inner fender until you have enough room to clear. This is what mine looked like when I was done...

750.jpg

this was probably the hardest part of this whole thing... I had to use worn out cut off wheels in the die grinder to get all the small corners done. I didn't want to use plasma because I wanted to avoid not only the heat but also the slag that will contaminate welding and take time to clean.

728.jpg

Ahhh, so nice...

742.jpg

Chunk...

771.jpg

next was putting back the metal. I chose to make it in two pieces...

752.jpg

and then the front... Weld this off extremely slow, your don't want to warp the shit out of your rear panel.

761.jpg

when your done, sit back and bask in your new found fender clearance :)

781.jpg

Later

Joel

• Like 2

I love this F'n goon.....one of the best I've seen.....

......but can I make one small request.......

You have a ton of skillz......please make a bracket to get your plate off of your front bumper.......

There....I said it.........

Other than that....nothin but :wub:  :wub:

Two updates in one day?! Crazy!

This is my transmission hump mod for pinion clearance... I actually molded the under seat space in clay to find the exact shape of the under seat clearance. Not satisfied with the available room, I massaged and stretched the seat pan. After shaping another clay model under the pan, I then formed the metal to match... This is clearance where it was needed and nothing more. I didn't want to cut the floor in the first place so I minimized the effected area best I could.

pk0RJQV.jpg

psYoSA4.jpg

Later

Joel

• Like 1