Little Red Wagon...

Dude... Your ride has been the screen saver on my computer for a few years now :D

haha really? wow! I appreciate it, but yours is just as nice! I'm loving that last picture with all the leaves on the road, this car is really on point. I really need to clearance my rear fenders like you did, but I'm concerned about damaging the paint and also welding the back section with the fuel tank (and all those fumes!) in the trunk.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not, one more...

Initially when I removed the battery from the engine bay, I simply found a spot it the cargo area and relocated it there. After a while, I simply got tired of looking at it. Sooooo I found a new, smaller battery and put it under the seat.

puWqfP9.jpg

Under body clearance is plenty...

tX6HhYx.jpg

It's been working great since... Hopefully it doesn't get in the way of my winter plans ;)

• Like 5

YP0Lt7X.jpg

While I'm talking about the underside, let's touch on the rear suspension to date. The rear diff is a custom adapted first gen RX7 gsl unit. This is the version with factory disk brakes and LSD. Diff was narrowed and all the original parts from the factory 510 diff housing were salvaged for re use including the e brake linkage. Suspension consists of fiber leaf springs, custom lowered hangers, traction bars and lowering blocks by yours truly. Bilstien shocks are extremely short units originally intended for the front of a 4x4 Toyota t100. A lot of time/r&d went into what you see and it's just about as dialed as it can get.... Think I might cut it all out and start over ;)

• Like 4

I gave Datto510 just a cheap 2 chamber Turbo(cherrybomb2) and he liked it alot,maybe a 3 chamber better. the smallest size they sell i think a 13inch body 2in inlet/outlet

As his wagon was loud also dual DCOES. My 521 has a Supertubo and I would go quieter if doing it again. Maybe its just the resonance of what a weber DGV makes.

Datto 510 did add a presilencer(glasspack) and this helped also.

the walker website has some stock type turbo looking mufflers of smaller size. just get a 2inch I guess.

thrush/ Dynomax are really same company now i think

I've been a die hard magnaflow fan based on construction and materials but I'm afraid it doesn't do much for sound if it needs to stand alone in an exhaust system. At one point I had a resonator but due to clearance, I had to remove it. Might try a simpler, three chamber design in the future.

I've been a die hard magnaflow fan based on construction and materials but I'm afraid it doesn't do much for sound if it needs to stand alone in an exhaust system. At one point I had a resonator but due to clearance, I had to remove it. Might try a simpler, three chamber design in the future.

Too bad Flowmaster doesn't make 2 inch mufflers, can't beat the sound!

• Like 1

Say NO to FLOWMASTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever man.....

................fuckin love the sound of my Dime.....it's loud....but I don't care

......my Z sounded even better.....

2 chamber flowmaster..... :thumbup:  :thumbup: ...

Every FlowMaster I have touched has been made very cheap (a decent amount working at a truck accessory shop), and I hate the sound on 4 cylinders. They sound great on V6 and V8 applications. Magnaflow sounds good on everything. I really like Borlas on 4 cylinders.