My lil mule

elmerfudpucker

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the rack is done, mostly, still need the lights, I got those coming by Friday. and on to the oics.

Getting started at Scrapper's shop,

IMG_20120516_123909.jpg

I warped it a bit welding the mesh in. Damn turbo bell is handy!

IMG_20120516_132419.jpg

No my welds are not pretty

IMG_20120516_141732.jpg

Got tired of welding at shoulder level

IMG_20120516_141739.jpg

Leaving the shop,

IMG_20120516_142353.jpg

Primer

IMG_20120516_174406.jpg

primed and bedlined the bottom

IMG_20120516_194819.jpg

Where I am at tonight arriving at work.

IMG_20120516_222018.jpg

I have more reflective tape but I needed to use the paper cutter at work to do them better. I will post an oic when I get them and the led lights on. Harbor freight has a 500lb max that has half the footprint and Is made with thin crap, mine is 3x heavier gauge and I had Scrapper (260lb), Scott(215) and me(205) bouncing like fools on it with no issues :o So I think I will be good for the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I haven't slept for 24 hours now, Pumpkin and me got the motor swapped out with the Z24, so far seems to be running pretty good. Hell it fired right up on the second try! I will tune it up, change the oil and filter, dialing the timing in, cleaning the bay and get some more oics up tomorrow.

IMG_20120526_114256.jpg

IMG_20120526_182552.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I was playing in the back yard and kinda bumped a cinder block with the front right tire. Now the steering wheel is turned a bit to the left. The tire shop is looking into getting the specs for their machine so they can check the alignment, guess the truck is too old for the database...go figure.

Anyway got the other side cleared so now the mule sleeps in the other stable for awhile.

IMG_20120626_205837.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you guys are all right down there in the land of the insufferable HEAT, I actually feel sorry for you, no one can get used to temps like that.

I think that all 720s look better without a canopy, I removed mine when I drove the dually to blue lake that year I hauled the 521KC 4X4 diesel over there behind it.

I hope the heat breaks for you soon.

:thumbup:

I have a 1981 Datsun 720 King Cab too. Yours is cool though!!

Thanks! I'm sure there is nothing wrong with yours that you cant get it to the way you want, it just takes time and a good network of Dattoheads to get it done!

It has been a long time from start to now, it will never be finished. If you got an idea, go with it, I personally don't give a shit if someone doesn't like what it can do or how it looks. It is mine, it is me, and I have so much more I want to do to my Lil Mule! So take your Datto and turn it into what you want, don't be a sheeple!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...