My lil mule

elmerfudpucker

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this pickup is coming along nice. makes me want to tare mine apart and redo everything, power door locks and such, very nice (way over my head though). that battery is massive... i digcool.gif

Thanks Bro, Follow my how-to thread http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21642-after-market-power-locks/ and PM me with your questions! and the battery is one of three AGM's that add up to 290 amp hours of power for the 2300 watt DC to AC inverter that will be in there. I have plans for my lil monster! :D

Pre-Lazy is the best kind :lol:

:rofl: bet you cant guess where those tail lights still are bro! :rofl:

Well the alarm is in but I still need to get a could extra parts to make the remote start work right, just a door popper to work the throttle once before starting. And I am having a devil of a time finding my handheld programmer for the alarm..in one of these damn boxes somewhere. I still got to reseal the windshield to stop that leak and make sure that is the only leakage. Got another carpet, but its blue, rattle can and brush to the rescue!! And them it is time for the sound system! :w00t:

Well the header is here!! :hyper: Thanks to dat u racing for the fast shipping! :thumbup: now the problem is the money I had for the exhaust went to Konan's vet bill ( no regrets tho! ) So I got to hustle up some cash, my exhaust guy is shavin off the emmision tubes off the header, $40 and I will pick them up tomarrow, pics will follow. Any members nearby got a 2 1/4 muffler that doesnt sound like rice? love to do some trading.

Well the weather has been some serious suck ass, and I dont have a garage! I have been hunting for a carport on CL but I keep missing them buy minutes! :angry: ANyway borrowed a friends garage to get the other power lock in the passenger door but didnt have enough time to figure out why my door pins are not working. I kill it later today weather permitting. still got to finish stuffing the hollow spots behind the panels and I will find some window tint to knock out the doors and wing windows. Konan has had my hands full the last couple of days.

weathers nice, got the insulation done, finsihed the front floor and firewall, interior panels and carpet is in and drying. Seats are still out, cause I will start wires it tonight for the deck and amps, I look to hide those under the seats before I put them back in. Mounting the speakers tomarrow and I hope to power it up by Monday. I will have about a week to get the sounds dialed in. pics of the sound stuff later.

IMAG0001.jpg

4X4 hole will be covered by the center console.

IMAG0002.jpg

not bad carpet for $20 :D

We I started digging in all the closets and cabnets pulling everything out.

My set of Zapco Ottomila comps, Mids and tweets with Biampable crossovers

IMAG0003.jpg

The new Xtant Audiophile digitals 600.1 and a 400.4

IMAG0004.jpg

And my Pioneer AVH-P7500DVD with the pro series head, 5 Volt preouts, older unit but still works great.

IMAG0008.jpg

Going to a Bar-b-Que at a friends later today, loading it all up and running wire.

For subs I will be using my 2 Zapco I-force 10" in a Bassworx box. I will post that pic in here later, havent dug them out yet. :D

Man I cant wait!!! :hyper:

Well the weather has sucked ass up intill a few hours ago, got the door pins working again. While it was raining tho I got out my drill and a couple LED's and my skull gearshift knob got an upgrade! Got him wired to the parking lights.

Before power

IMAG0016.jpg

+12 volts!

IMAG0015.jpg

That is officially the first of the LED's to go inside. I can do this to most gearshifts if anyone is interested. Pm a pic and tell me what you want done.

Well had to take it in for a couple of adjustments, got more of the interior back in and the power wire is in. I am thinking of pulling the factory radio and relocating the heater controls to the radio slot. My deck is going to the center console so I wonder what I am going to do with the old datsun radio... it still works... ;)

Wel, I got a call to help tow a truck, Uhaul wont allow a ball on the bumper tow, so I found a pathfinder that has a receiver hitch, 8 bolts later it is now in the bed of my truck :) Later when it is daylight, I am gonna see about getting it on there.Man I still havent got the deck in... so much to do...6 days to go....

Well I got sick of waiting for the weather so I got a little creative and pulled an all nighter.

My new workshop!

IMAG0034.jpg

The ONLY good use for a Honda carbon fiber hood!

IMAG0033.jpg

Full veiw

IMAG0032.jpg

Deck is right at home in the center console.

IMAG0037.jpg

#%$$# amps wouldnt fit under the seats Oh well, they need to be shown off anyway.

IMAG0042.jpg

Never metion that you are hungry or food while still in bed! :blink:

IMAG0012.jpg

that waterproof work area is awesome. you got to love the great northwest.twofinger_salute.gif.... i started doing body work two months ago and havent got a good solid weekend of sunshine since, poop.gifpoop.gif.

you know how to do what needs to be done. i digthumbup1.gif

IT MAKES MUSIC!!!!

The Good; it is up and running, the door speaker mounts will be roughed in tomarrow.

The Bad; The @$^%*#%! 600.1 sub amp smoked on first power up! :angry: It is new and will be replaced. :)

The Recovery; The Zapco comp 200 to the rescue! :D Small little white monster still beats.

It only has been powered up for about 3 hours since I typed this. First video played ACDC Who Made Who! will post a pic as soon as I break out my camera, the phone doesnt do pics and play vids at the same time. ;)

Not too happy about the sub amp, but shit, what can you do? had to frebreeze the cab to knock down the smoke smell. I think I will change subs before the trip too.

WEEELLL, The doors are done, sorta, still need color and grills but they are in and playing.

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

Had to move the center console out about 3/4" for the screen to be seen better.

IMAG0050.jpg

Changed the Zapco 10" subs out for an Image Dynamics 10" now I have room behind the seats again!

IMAG0048.jpg

Also changed the interior light bulb out with a 23 LED pod, much better light and only uses .2 watts! :D Also broke out the tape measure and programed the time allignment and sizes of all the speakers in the stereo, tweeked the crossover points and shifted the drivers side tweeter 180% out of phase. Everything sounds so much better. It is great when I have a huge parking lot to play in! :lol:

Well, Canby was a blast! And next year my truck will make a hell of alot more power!

I pulled the sub to check how the speaker was wired and got a shock. The guy I got it from thought it was an Image Dynamics IDQ, It isnt.. IT IS AN IDMAX!! :w00t: The Zapco I have is not even close enough to power one coil let alone both. So when I get the Xtant 600.1 back, life will be a bit more interesting, not to mention I will be building a to spec box for it!

IMAG0071-1.jpg

damn this thing is huge! :blink:

IMAG0070-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

WEll I got started tinting the windows, had to pull all the glass to clean it, here is a pic to get your attention!

IMAG0114-1.jpg

IMAG0119-1.jpg

more pics to follow, I am only going 20% on the front doors and wings, the canopy has factory tint but I am adding a layer of 35% chrome on the inside, It darkens the veiw in but not the veiw out! :D

Well the tint is done, still got to do the strip at the top of the windshield, but I have a couple rock chips in the glass so I will se how they look after I fix them.

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0125-1.jpg

the chrome on the canopy works great, it still looks black till you hit it with light due to the factory tint, and the cab got hit with 20%, Not really dark, but the ride is so much cooler know that the sun isnt baking me! That purple @ss barney tint on the wings is gone!!! Now if I could just get the money together to get the headers on!!