My lil mule

elmerfudpucker

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well got it back, got to retweak the carb, If a certain someone makes it down this way to tune it again I will feed him!! hint hint... Next up is the front grill and wheel farings, I think I will only put them on the back wheels. and I will be starting on the factory radio conversion. I will be shoe horning in a Bluetooth unit into it. We will see how that does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We I got the new flasher in so I got turn signals again. And I popped the clutch and got a couple marks about 3' long

so I didnt see the orange sticker with the LSD logo but both tires (265/50r15) laid rubber. so was it a freak or is it posi? :unsure:

Plus I picked up a 2600 PSI pressure washer, time to do some serious cleaning!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got another long bed trailer! He was telling me how Icehouse had seen his Datto collection. The run to Canby will be that much more fun now that I can carry everything! I said it once and I will say it again, Datsuns pull trailers not ride in them!!

Already mounted the tires and pressure washed it

IMAG0169-1.jpg

Any body got a tailgate????

IMAG0170-1.jpg

Air shocks already!

IMAG0171-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well the head gasket got replaced, turns out the radiator was plugged. Took it to Performance Radiator here in Tacoma, They tried to clear it out and it didnt work.Then they tried to tell me $400 for a new one :blink: Called around, Napa wanted $327, JY wanted $60 and my core :fu: Autozone had the replacement for under $150! :hyper: Granted it took two days but shit, it is brand new and a good replacement, it also has the extra lines for auto tranny, Guess I'll plumb in an oil cooler!

Well the head gasket got replaced, turns out the radiator was plugged. Took it to Performance Radiator here in Tacoma, They tried to clear it out and it didnt work.Then they tried to tell me $400 for a new one :blink: Called around, Napa wanted $327, JY wanted $60 and my core :fu: Autozone had the replacement for under $150! :hyper: Granted it took two days but shit, it is brand new and a good replacement, it also has the extra lines for auto tranny, Guess I'll plumb in an oil cooler!

Plumb in an oil cooler? For the engine? Guess the pump would push it if there was an easy port to get from and to. Let us know how it goes if you do.

My lil mule lives!!!! Pumpkin replaced the head gasket got everything back together and she fired right up. Then we went in for lunch I came back out and it wouldn't run..WTF? :huh: Winds up the power to coil#2 wasn't there, I said fuck it, wired a jumper from #1 and she is back up and running! Well I guess it is back to work!!! Thanks again Dave!!! :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Well the trouble was the plunger in the timing chain crap came out not the alt or water pump. Dave has pulled it back apart and has got the part back in and has reset the timing. Still got to put the cover, dizzy and all that shit back on yet. Meanwhile, I decided to start on changing the front grill.

IMAG0545.jpg

IMAG0548.jpg

Gonna have to address this bit of rust, there is reenforcments welded in on the other side so I doubt I have any other issues than making sure to slap some converter on it.

IMAG0552.jpg

Yes I know its crooked, it is just up to scope it out a bit and the passenger headlights are not lining up right.

IMAG0557.jpg

I'm still thinking to replace the headlights with bigger singles from a stanza or an older impalla or something. I just havent figured it out yet...