My lil mule

elmerfudpucker

Plumb in an oil cooler? For the engine? Guess the pump would push it if there was an easy port to get from and to. Let us know how it goes if you do.

Either that or a hot water tap for coffee!

The next issue is a bumper, it's twisted and I want like a stacked double or triple tube that also will be and air tank. That is when the real fun will begin!

Oh and the blue canopy was $150 and comes with side walls. Skib!!! need your touch on them before Canby!!! :D

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He lives again! Drove to work with no issues other than the heat isnt that hot, thinking I need to flush the heater core out and go from there. Gonna clear the cab and rework the front grill and I got to fix my shift knob, one of his eyes is out.... ;)

So far the list of stuff on this monster:

Brakes all the way around

steering joints

motor

alt

water pump

radiator

air shocks

front struts

power seats (not instaled yet)

sound deading

led light conversion

heavier battery

canopy

windshield

tint

rear slider

carpet

2way alarm with power locks and remote start

GPS tracker with remote text to kill

3k watt inverter

It is getting there...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I changed the heater core, damned pain in the ass I tell ya now! I have a couple clamps I locked on the hoses in the engine bay to stop all the coolant.

IMAG0606.jpg

Then I had to take the dash loose, 9 bolts and that was done, lifted the passenger side of the dash to get to the top bolt holding the heater assembly in. Then both of the bolts on the sides, only 3 total hod it in, go figure. Once I got it out, a double handfull of old dog treats fell out of the heater box. I guess that explains the weak air flow.

IMAG0604.jpg

I wished I had some more hushmat..

IMAG0605.jpg

Heater on the hood, I wasn't bad to change it once it was out.

IMAG0607.jpg

The old core was about 4x heavier than the new one even tho they both was copper. I guessing it was as plugged as bad as the old radiator was. Now the only problem is it is taking forever for the truck to warm up due to the snow. So I blocked a bit of the radiator, hope it helps.

Guest kamakazi620

Well the trouble was the plunger in the timing chain crap came out not the alt or water pump. Dave has pulled it back apart and has got the part back in and has reset the timing. Still got to put the cover, dizzy and all that shit back on yet. Meanwhile, I decided to start on changing the front grill.

IMAG0545.jpg

IMAG0548.jpg

Gonna have to address this bit of rust, there is reenforcments welded in on the other side so I doubt I have any other issues than making sure to slap some converter on it.

IMAG0552.jpg

Yes I know its crooked, it is just up to scope it out a bit and the passenger headlights are not lining up right.

IMAG0557.jpg

I'm still thinking to replace the headlights with bigger singles from a stanza or an older impalla or something. I just havent figured it out yet...

Its a maxima you want the 1 piece head light from,1 of the so cal dudes did it on his build thread....

Link please bro!!

I seen that headlight conversion also, but was unable to find it, I do know that they said it was caprice headlights that were used, it was a thread that had something to do with steroid, and photos from way back.

Well, after searching for quite a while I found this,

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/13330-hi-im-new/page__view__findpost__p__178151__hl__%2Bcaprice+%2Bheadlight__fromsearch__1

baggeddatsun003.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I seen that headlight conversion also, but was unable to find it, I do know that they said it was caprice headlights that were used, it was a thread that had something to do with steroid, and photos from way back.

Well, after searching for quite a while I found this,

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/13330-hi-im-new/page__view__findpost__p__178151__hl__%2Bcaprice+%2Bheadlight__fromsearch__1

baggeddatsun003.jpg

Scoping out CL, may have the headlights soon, 87ish caprice I believe will be my target!

I don't know, IMHO they don't look right on anything other than a 4X4, but that is my opinion.

Put the tank in the top of the front fender well, above the inner fender, there is close to a foot in height, and close to 3 feet in length, don't know how wide it is in there though.

I bet if something custom was made/welded together that utilized the drop in back of the wheel also, it would be close to a 20 to 30 gallon tank.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got the tow bar on! And it is about time!. The frame is about 39 1/2" the hitch is like 40 1/4" so I started at Chet's making the spacers but his drill press is a bit of a pos, so onward to Kevin's!

Kevin playing with the drill press, we had to finish a few spacers... like 8 of them total they are by the DP can. :ninja:

IMG_20120402_115316.jpg

My truck seems right at home here... :yawn:

IMG_20120402_143035.jpg

But I dont want to drill more holes! :sweat:

IMG_20120402_143059.jpg

Hmmmm, bumper is missing...kinda like this look. B)

IMG_20120402_161836.jpg

Can't wait to put it to work!!!! :w00t: I could make it across the country pulling the goon I think... I wound not be in a hurry and I would hang the drivline on the goon. I think I just may...

Next step I need the air tank bumper, I figure a rectangular pipe, 2x6x whatever length welded up to the adapter plate and then glue some indoor/outdoor carpet for Emma and I will be all set!

I need a damn good welding guy that can weld up an air tank!! any takers?

We do welding in our shop... We do manifolds, full cages, anything you need. Its right next to Lakewood PnP

Next step I need the air tank bumper, I figure a rectangular pipe, 2x6x whatever length welded up to the adapter plate and then glue some indoor/outdoor carpet for Emma and I will be all set!

I need a damn good welding guy that can weld up an air tank!! any takers?

Do you have anytime to check out the new arrival 720 trucks at the wrecking yards, every once in a while I run across a high quaity 720 rear bumper made out of 3" or 4" X 6" heavy rectanguler tubing already welded up, the only issue is the two sides are separate, but if drilled and tapped, one could access both sides with a tee fitting, but I don't see these bumpers often, so you have to get in there whenever a 720 shows up and get it if it has one.

• 1 month later...

Well I spend about $80 in steel to build a rack that will fit the receiver hitch. I found a few cheap bolt together ones for $150+ that said 500lb...somehow I doubt it or that is the max total. The one I am building I am pretty sure could hold the 800lb mark. I will post pics tomorrow night.