My lil mule

elmerfudpucker

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My morning project is finishing the bed's rust treatment, spray some primer, then get started with the plastic bedliner and canopy. Konan and Emma wants to go for a ride! The Bar-B-Que is this Saturday, grill will be hot by noon. I know it is short notice but if you wanna eat burgers and hotdogs, and have some Datto time, bring yourself on. There is a Costco 200yards away and a Safeway within 3 minutes from the house.

Address is 78 S California Ave Tacoma,WA 98409 my number is 206-three, nine, one-6663

I have unlimited plan on the phone so text, call whatever tho I prefer text. Hit me with name and what you want to bring, I will have buns, burgers and hotdogs and condiments, Bring your drinks, chips whatever.

googlehouse.png

BTW, I got an extra water pump for a Z22, If you need it and come to the Bar-B-Que, you can have it. My rebuilt came with a new one!

Well, Waited for the sun to rise after work this morning and drove it home. Fuse was good King Rat, it was the damn contacts in the switch.

IMAG0137.jpg

I then took about 5 mins and wired a ignition kill switch, then I went thru all the lights and cleaned the lenses and swapped all the bulbs to LED bulbs. Slaped the bedliner and canopy on it, Went to Les Shwabe and got some Monroe air shocks on it and pulled the helper springs off. The loaded up the dogs :hyper: and went for a ride. 70 miles down 430 to go!

IMAG0138.jpg

Now the next thing is the motor is cold natured SOB now. I think it is a choke issue or lack thereof, I am cracking my book and seeing what I need to hook up to get this stock hitachi to do the choke right. Im sure it is just a vac line somewhere isnt right or needed.. :hmm:

Well Da Pumpkin to the rescue! We have our Saftey Meeting (cough cough) And Bar-b-qued some burgers and got to work!

back wall

backwall.jpg

Floor

floordone.jpg

Gratuitus Goon shot

goonshot.jpg

Ratsun Baby!

flashinratsun.jpg

Thanks again Pumpkin for comming thru on such short notice! :thumbup: We got alot done, but the interior will stay out for a few more days. I still got a buttload of wire and other odds and ends to get in there!

Did a little time under the hood with the motor covered, a bit of cleaning supplies and a buttload of elbow grease. Deleted more crap out from under the hood and relocated the new coils. Pumpkin is donating a washer bag and I will probly get it when he comes back out to get the box of stuff he got from my grab box. As far as I can tell the paint is the original under the hood and rust is minimal. 250miles down, 250 to go!

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

Well back to the interior, I dropped in at B+R autowrecking and they had 2 KC's!! got a tail light lens and screws and a few other odds and ends and grabed a couple of door seals. Also got a front grill that is in pretty damn good shape other than the dirt. Finished the sound deadening on the doors and popped the door panels back on for the drive to work, much quieter ride! I still have to pull them back off and install the power locks and the sound insulation.

door.jpg

doorinside.jpg

Got off work at 5am, took a 3 hour power nap, Went to see Billy at Villa Transmisions, drained and refilled the tranny and rear diff. Tanny oil looked ok but the rear diff was pretty bad, not much on the magnets on either so all is good. Picked up a Compustar alarm and tomarrow I will get it in and the upper ball joints and wheel bearings will be done as well. This truck is eating me alive! But I will be going to Canby Damn it!

Looks good coming along. There is quite a few differences between my 81 and 84 models. The rusted bolts are pretty bad on my trucks. I think both the ones i have spent to much time behind campers. I do like that 2.2 better than the the 2.4 in the 84s. Mine has a weber on it thoough. Need to modify it to fit on my 2.4 because the the carb on the 2.4 that looks like the one on yours is always giving me a headache. Never had a problem out of the weber but the intake has a different pattern for the carb mount between the 2.4 and 2.2. Anyway looks good.

Well, off at 5am asleep by 6am, awake and at Kevins at 11am, we changed the upper and lower ball joints and he repacked the wheel bearings, reset the dizzy over a tooth, and away I went at 6pm. Left the house at 8pm now I am at work.... :yawn:

IMAG0155.jpg

Damn things are a bitch to get off, but a lift and air tools do make it easier! Sis is taking it to Shwabe at 11am in the morning. I need sleep dudes... :yawn: :sleep: Still havent installed the alarm and power locks yet...

Well, off at 5am asleep by 6am, awake and at Kevins at 11am, we changed the upper and lower ball joints and he repacked the wheel bearings, reset the dizzy over a tooth, and away I went at 6pm. Left the house at 8pm now I am at work.... :yawn:

IMAG0155.jpg

Damn things are a bitch to get off, but a lift and air tools do make it easier! Sis is taking it to Shwabe at 11am in the morning. I need sleep dudes... :yawn: :sleep: Still havent installed the alarm and power locks yet...

damn look at that angle lol!

Ok, here is the rest of the battery pics, granted I will have to redo it a bit due to it being too low to the tire.

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

I guess that will be next weekends project, I would do a battery relocate but I need all the room I can get in the back. Stay tuned to how to install power locks and alarm. I may accually create another thread for that if there is enough intrest. Power locks is easy and can be done in about an hour and for under $50 in parts. I did a google search and it doesnt look like there is a DIY power lock thread here. :D

can I vote no without paying someone? :lol:

Personally, what I love about old cars is the LACK of creature comforts. No power locks, windows, steering etc.

But I'm sure someone would benefit.

Well I love buttons and gadgets and gizmos, not to mention I live in WA, keyless entry and delay wipers are required!

And for today I went down to Haps Auto-wrecking to grab a carpet ($20) but he lost another $20 for a gearshift I wanted <_< , he wouldnt come down $5. Dont look like they want to haggle on prices at all, :huh: so I took the carpet and left. I doubt I will go back there. :fu: He was telling me $65 per seat :blink: Damned rain was comming down in buckets and I found that my windshield has a leak, :( guess I will be yanking that out tomarrow and cleaning the seal and reinstalling it if the weather permits. Fixed the gearshift, needed some bushings, shifting is so much better now. One of these days I will get the alarm and power locks in. Today was not a good day to work outside.

Well most of the alarm is in. Drivers door power lock is in and I have keyless entry! Damn door pins and dome light aint working so I got to fix that., granted the Ignition kill and shock sensor will protect it to a point but I got to get it all working.

power lock in door.

IMAG0236.jpg

Nothing like 9 conductor line, run once, add more later!

IMAG0247.jpg

The power lock build thread will be up later and I will link to it from here.

And for those of you that wonder why I use 9 conducter line, I HATE RUNNING MORE WIRE THRU THE DOOR HINGE!! :angry: so I run a 9 wire and I not have to deal with it again when I need speaker wires, lights, switches, and ect. :D

Fun is sitting inside the building and scaring the crap out of people by setting it off!! :devil: :rofl:

• Like 2