We need a seperate section for PL510s vs. HL 510s

ff_quote_6.jpg

Letty: Rraawrrrr. I smell [sniffs] skanks. Why don't you girls just pack it up before I leave tread marks on your face.

Ted, well said. If I was a 510 , sorry a PL510 owner I wouldn't be sweatin' because there were other HL510 owners in the neighborhood. Datsun is Datsun and that's what I'm in it for.

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the truck sectiion is the biggest and needs the most attention. sometimes i think the site should have been called ratsun truck cause of the number of threads.

truck general section

320 section

521 section

620 section

ect

the major thing i liked about the old datsun pickup lovers site before it moved was its awesome sub categories. as far as 510's go i dont give a shit:D

we need a Violet section, for the 710 and A10 (later 510).

H, P, R, and N indicate optional engines. The meaning depends on the model. For the 620 H means L20B, but for the 510 model line, H means L14.

N - normal engine

H - High engine

P - Power engine

R - ultimate engine

I found H and P in some old parts catalogs, listed as "High" and "Power". Not sure what N and R mean, but R is the largest engine in a model line with more than four engine options.

i agree that the 610 needs its own section.. also it wouldnt hurt to do some sub forums for the trucks.. i would say take the push rod trucks an put em in one, the ohc in another, then stick the 720/d21 in another..

it would help, i mean i'd stick to the 620 section pretty much.. altho them 720 boys would prolly peep in..

So really you just want to outcast the like 3 people who in your opinion own a lesser 510..... Mad snobby man

I don't want to outcast anyone. If I made you feel this way, I apologize. I have owned a later 510 and it was a decent car. See below.

i'm actually offended by this post, seriously. this is ratsun, the reason ratsun was formed was to get away from snobby ass hats like yourself. i personally am into it for the datsuns. anyone who knows me will tell yopu the same. a 510 is a 510.

Sorry if you were offended. This was not my intention.

A 510 is not a 510. See below.

First off, I am not trying to be snobby or offensive. I just have a great deal of respect and admiration for the Original Datsun 510 and I feel it deserves to shine in the Limelight.

If you are informed about the Datsun 510, they you then you know it is a very important car in Datsun History and without it, many of the other Datsuns we all know and love may not even have come to exist. The original 510 changed the way people thought about little Japanese imports. It put Datsun on the map. It paved the way for the 240Z. Not only was it a landmark car for Datsun , it was also a history making Race car. BRE transformed it from a showroom stocker to an SCCA champion in 6 weeks. It beat out all the big names, Alfa and BMW to name two. It did it twice. This was unheard of for an econobox newcomer. It took on the East African Safari too. It now has a cult like following of over 1000 510 lovers around the world and that number is growing every day. The Original 510 was also "The First Tuner Car" That's right before all the Hondas and Acuras and RX7s and Supras, there was the Datsun 510.

So by suggesting that we have a separate sub-forum for the Original 510, all I was trying to do was give it the glory it deserves.

For those who say A 510 is a 510, I disagree. There are big differences.

There never was a car called the HL510 it correctly was called the A10 and when equipped with an L20B was an HL A10 if equipped with the Z20(S) there being no descriptor for that motor, and it was simply an L A10

We could have a separate section called the A10...... but everyone with one would just post in the 510 section anyway... and get yelled at and told to move.

I think people would learn less too. Having all the threads grouped together people stumble into threads for other makes and models. I know I have, and have learned a little more from it.

I think what it comes down to in the end personal opinions and biases aside is this site doesn't get the traffic to warrant a complete break down. What purpose would it serve then?

Exactly! We all have favorites, we are chauvinists. My favorite is the 620 but it doesn't make a 720 or 521 less or a 510 even lesser because it's a car. I like knowing about all Datsun/Nissans and learning about them too. They are a fascinating subject even when being argued about.

After reading the posts on this thread, I have an idea (ban hammer, back to the box for a minute...)

We are entering a new decade, the year 2010 - How about a '10-Series' area instead of 'Other Datsuns and Nissans'. The 210s, 310s, 610s, 710s, 810s, 910s (aka early Maximas), A-10s, and even the F-10s would then have a nice comfortable home. The 'Other Datsuns and Nissans could be for the direct variants (i.e. the 210 begat the Sentra, the 310 begat the Pulsar, the 610 then technically begat the 810, and ultimately the Maxima...etc, etc.) This allows for solidarity among the 10 Series ranks. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good 510 like the rest, but this was the discrimination that I faced back in high school at a Datsun meet when the 610 would show up or be mentioned. Now, jokes aside, the 510 does share a lot with the 610. And the 710 and 810.

This allows us '10-Series' group to post up for finds at the J/Y within our own section, allowing for faster indexing while in our own section. It allows us to talk like minded on car specific mods. And we wouldn't feel like a goon at a sedan show with our like-badged cars.

Thoughts...??

Edited by zerow
Added the A-10
So would not the PL510 and the A-10 belong to the 10 group also?

By virtue of their Nissan Motor Corporation given name, yes, they would be allowed in. Most welcomed will be the A-10, who is without its own forum section (editing post above). And we also welcome the 510, but it has its own section: '510/1600/Bluebird' on ratsun. The masses have made the 510 a cult car, and not without good cause. Without an actual car-for-car count, we 'Other 10-Series' cars are outnumbered 20-to-1, at least when compared to the 510/1600/Bluebird cars.

Exactly! We all have favorites, we are chauvinists. My favorite is the 620 but it doesn't make a 720 or 521 less or a 510 even lesser because it's a car. I like knowing about all Datsun/Nissans and learning about them too. They are a fascinating subject even when being argued about.

ditto.

Im a Z guy, I like my 510, but I love my Z :fu:

But I still like learning about any Datsun/Nissan