We need a seperate section for PL510s vs. HL 510s

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how many members with the A10 but can't be more than a few. (if that) I wish there were more.

I always check the profile to see what one the owner has listed when a 510 question come up.

"OTHER" datsuns:D

Now that's just being elitist and cruel. :D

I agree that there aren't enough members to warrant it. The only one that even comes to mind when I think is that guy trying to sell his cherry one for so long lol.

Fisch has a point that they would def be 1st on the list but honestly how many 610/710 owners would be frequenting that section? Maybe 10 at best lol.

Whhat about the 1968-1972 HL510s? The L14 powered ones?

HUH????..... '68-'72 HLs ??? L14s were quite rare here.

Fisch has a point that they would def be 1st on the list but honestly how many 610/710 owners would be frequenting that section? Maybe 10 at best lol.

Eleven counting me, very soon. :)

I think the 610's unite thread shows the contrary actually. In the last 6ish months (and that many pages) of that thread there are about 10 610 owners posting regularly.

Don't get me wrong I'm not fighting it, like I said if any model should have a new section it should be 610's. I just think a whole section for 10 regular posters and 6ish pages of posts isn't really justified.

Maybe a joint 610/710/810 section would be better. I don't agree with it being stuck in the others section.

=Moisabamf;243577]"OTHER" datsuns:D

:DEXACTLY:D

or maybe just sub-forums for them.

Like have it say Datsun 510 and under that two links or whatever choosing (PL510) (HL510). Just my 2 cents..

This would be nice for the "Trucks" Section. (520/521) (620) (720) :D

This is probably the best solution.

Have a sub forum for 1968-1973 510s, 1600s and Bluebirds and another sub forum for the 1978-1981 510s.

Mods: Any chance of doing this?

The thought about a separate area came to me when I saw someone posting a pic of their HL510 in the "Post a Pic of your 510" Thread.

I didn't feel that the HL510 deserved to be in the same thread with the REAL 510s.:fu::fu:

Honestly how often do we have the HL510's on here that would really warrant any changes one way or another? I vote for no changes necessary.

Edited by 71DIMER
typo
and if you really want to get technical the 610s and 810s belong in the 510/1600/BLUEBIRD section since they are both BLUEBIRDS

If you REALLY want to be technical 310 410 510 610 810 and 910's were all blue birds. I always though that forum label referred to the bluebird 510 not every non truck/sports car datsun/nissan produced from 1957 to 1983-ish and then even so on with a few models like the U T and G series. lol

Edited by 72240z

Have a sub forum for 1968-1973 510s, 1600s and Bluebirds and another sub forum for the 1978-1981 510s.

The thought about a separate area came to me when I saw someone posting a pic of their HL510 in the "Post a Pic of your 510" Thread.

I didn't feel that the HL510 deserved to be in the same thread with the REAL 510s.:fu::fu:

So really you just want to outcast the like 3 people who in your opinion own a lesser 510..... Mad snobby man

Hahahaha!

"I wave my tiddlies at you, silly, English, pig-dog, HL510-lovers!! :D

Although it's important to note that the HL 510 chassis is actually STRONGER and MORE ADVANCED than the PL chassis. And outside the US, it kicked ass in rally. We just got the shit stick with the solid axle rear. Plus I like the lines of the PL much better, but that can be said of most cars with any history. Older looks better.

i'm actually offended by this post, seriously. this is ratsun, the reason ratsun was formed was to get away from snobby ass hats like yourself. i personally am into it for the datsuns. anyone who knows me will tell yopu the same. a 510 is a 510.

IM a 720 guy just trying to learn something..... I always thought a 510 was a 510...... what makes it a PL, P , or HL? thanks!

P means L16/18 (may mean L13?) and H means L20B, L as always means left hand drive. The 620 started as a PL620 and in '75-ish became the HL620 with the introduction of the L20B.

There never was a car called the HL510 it correctly was called the A10 and when equipped with an L20B was an HL A10 if equipped with the Z20(S) there being no descriptor for that motor, and it was simply an L A10

Edited by datzenmike